Memory ?

Deleted account 220319001

Reaction score
Just recently bought a Nav 5 on here that only has UK maps installed, went to upload Europe via Garmin Express and says I need to insert an sd card as not enough memory ????

Is that correct, only enough memory for UK maps only ???

Also, where the hell do you insert an sd card anyway, I can't see where :D

and BMW / Garmin have been generous enough to also give you a very specific screwdriver to open the battery compartment to get to the battery and then to the memory card slot :blast

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What about the memory ? Should it be that low it only takes UK mapping ??

I had something similar when I first got mine (a couple of weeks ago). I too thought I needed more memory then found there was an empty 8Gb one already in the slot. Can't remember exactly what sorted it as it was a combination of Googling and RTFM, but I'm pretty sure it involved deleting the previous maps to achieve space for the new one. I now have mapping for the whole of Europe.

You should be able to get Western Europe in the base memory but the full Europe map is now so large it is split into two parts and you'll definitely need an SD card.

Was the SD card removed? Mine came with one from new. And yes you will need one to install the full maps (you can also install the maps to your PC too when you connect your Nav to it via Garmin Express).

Put a big memory card in... that way you can have all the maps, as many routes as you want from others and your own plus music too.

I can fit Western Europe on mine without an additional card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom