Priorite a Droite - Give way to the right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets also not forget one of the other reasons I said about this in the first place
Forcing vehicles to stop and start is responsible for a massive increase in POLLUTION
Unless you drive a VW...then it's fine

Lets also not forget one of the other reasons I said about this in the first place
Forcing vehicles to stop and start is responsible for a massive increase in POLLUTION...

Let's also remember that all that has happened is that that the duty of giving way has simply been reversed. The vehicle that normally enjoyed priority has been forced to give way to one that would otherwise have been forced to stop. The number of 'stops' is not increased. There is no massive in crease in POLLUTION.

I think one thing that helps many tourists such as myself is we spend little (none if I can help it) in large towns and cities so are less exposed to the dangers apart from in villages - which tend to appear deserted, I am always amazed how I can ride through a long French village and never see another car.
Only partly true. There are many, many PaDs on country roads of the type loved by motorcyclists.

Take a look at this road. A lovely 10km of windy, recently resurfaced, usually deserted French rural backroad. The sort of thing we all travel to France for.

Then take a look here. PaD out in the countryside on the main road. There are half a dozen others on this stretch of road.

Then take a look here. PaD out in the countryside on the main road. There are half a dozen others on this stretch of road.

That one is a bit scary, I can see people getting "lost in the twists and turns" and not even considering a car could appear and pull out.

I will be more careful in future for sure!

Let's also remember that all that has happened is that that the duty of giving way has simply been reversed. The vehicle that normally enjoyed priority has been forced to give way to one that would otherwise have been forced to stop. The number of 'stops' is not increased. There is no massive in crease in POLLUTION.

Sorry but you are totally wrong there
Because there is many times more traffic on the main road than the minor road that now has to stop and from a higher speed
The difference WILL be massive

That one is a bit scary, I can see people getting "lost in the twists and turns" and not even considering a car could appear and pull out.

I will be more careful in future for sure!

Now your starting to get it :thumb

It is a stupid dangerous idea
and it will kill people for sure :bow
Visitors to France are going to be well up the list

Sorry but you are totally wrong there
Because there is many times more traffic on the main road than the minor road that now has to stop and from a higher speed
The difference WILL be massive

That assumes that the majority of major roads in France, carrying large volumes of traffic on the 'main road' have to frequently stop to to let one, two, three or maybe even 10 or 100 vehicles out of the minor road(s) when, it is patently obviously the case, that it is the rarity not the rule.

PoD has its place, its faults and its advantages, please don't add the mass creation of increased POLLUTION (your capitalisation) to its list of supposed crimes.

Have you driven in northern France recently
If you have you should know that very often you have to stop on the main road ...More than once in many villages
There is a solid white line and a stop sign... You have to stop NOT give way
That means stopping and starting irrespective of there being another vehicle in sight
That is my point !

Can't see how it makes any difference to pollution myself

At a junction one car stops the other has priority, makes no difference if it's the one on the main road or the minor road that stops

Taken the extreme, most minor roads will have a solid stop line whereas on a main road with priorité à droite you just slow down approaching the junction so that would suggest less pollution

In reality I would say it's completely irrelevant

Have you driven in northern France recently

I haven't been there for years. I avoid it as mates tell me all the roads are all crap.

……very often you have to stop on the main road ...More than once in villages

I am certainly not going to start going there; it sounds an absolute stop-start nightmare from end to end.

Assume the worst and be prepared to stop would seem to be the case. Just like everywhere in this country.

If there is a Stop sign and a painted line, it has nothing to do with PaD...its a road junction, and will have been so for years.

Please....somebody....bring an end to this shit. :blast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom