Traffic service.

vegnomeat

Reaction score
I've linked my headset and phone to the Nav VI, purchased the speed cameras and everything seems to work except the traffic service. On the Garmin smartlink the icon on top left never lights. The one that looks like an aerial of sorts. When I select the weather app on the Nav it tells me to purchase the traffic service. There isn't an option to purchase it anywhere including Garmin express. Any ideas?

Regards

The connection with the app on the phone seems random to me. With the Nav V it was quite consistent. The phone can be connected via bluetooth (checking both phone and Nav bT settings) and yet the bloody little app appears not to be connected. Completely random in my experience...

Apart from the control from the bars, I can't see any benefit from a Nav VI over a 50 quid Tom Tom.

1 in 4 times it connects. Sena headset and iPhone. I’m going to experient with the order they connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m going to ditch the connection between the Nav and the iPhone. Just connect the phone directly to the senna.
The cameras are shit, they alarm all the time. The traffic is pointless and also alarms all the time.
If I need to make a call I have to take my eyes off the road to find the call button and that’s a couple of steps.
Connecting the phone to the senna just means no more pointless noises and if I want to talk to Siri it’s one button on the headset I can locate without taking my eyes off the road.
For a 580 quid satnav it’s totally shit. My 6 year old tomtom has more functionality around camera warnings and traffic issues.
The only benefit of the VI is the screen and the integration with the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom