Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Independent specialist South of London

  1. #1
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    West Sussex, England
    Posts
    43

    Independent specialist South of London

    Hi Lads,

    Just bought myself a low mileage G650GS Sertao, doing some research about where I'll get it serviced.

    Anybody recommend an independent BMW specialist South of London, preferably close to the Gatwick area.

    I've seen recommendations for Phil Banks, anyone know if he is still with Allbikes in Purley?

    Cheers,

    NML

  2. #2
    rebircsbuS Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    The Home of Ferodo
    Posts
    2,325
    Mark Holden - Bromley Common.
    http://www.mhmotorcycles.co.uk/

  3. #3
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Near the Dartford Crossing
    Posts
    4,323
    Steptoe of this parish.

  4. #4
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    West Sussex, England
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
    Mark Holden - Bromley Common.
    http://www.mhmotorcycles.co.uk/
    Cheers for the suggestion, will keep it in mind but hoping for someone closer.

    New to the area and the country for that matter so don't have anyone to give me a lift etc and if I factor in taxis or 2-3 hours of public transport it just wouldn't be worth it.

  5. #5
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadLad View Post
    Cheers for the suggestion, will keep it in mind but hoping for someone closer.

    New to the area and the country for that matter so don't have anyone to give me a lift etc and if I factor in taxis or 2-3 hours of public transport it just wouldn't be worth it.

    Depending where you are, i'd also say Steptoe,

    2-3 hrs of public transport??? spoon fed are we , or a captain of industry, too busy for us little people

    I did more than that when i went to collect the Baby V (twice) & the GS, its part of it

  6. #6
    There is also Brian Giles in Pembury. http://bgmbmw.com
    R1150GS | R100/7

  7. #7
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    West Sussex, England
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa-2512 View Post
    Depending where you are, i'd also say Steptoe,

    2-3 hrs of public transport??? spoon fed are we , or a captain of industry, too busy for us little people

    I did more than that when i went to collect the Baby V (twice) & the GS, its part of it
    If i was a captain of industry id be able to afford the taxi!

    My problem with the 2-3 hours of public transport is that i work 12 hour days and a lot of my days off are spent travelling back and forth to Ireland so free time is minimal.

    In my defence i spent 3 hours on a bus to southampton yesterday to collect my new toy

    Will check out Steptoe thanks!

  8. #8
    Nice but unfortunate husband.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Armagh, Ireland
    Posts
    12,760
    If you had the bike booked in with Neil (Steptoe) you could go get a bite to eat and return to find the bike serviced and ready to go. The man knows his way round these bikes and doesn't feck about.

    Steptoe
    There are two opinions of the GS. There are those who have ridden one who think its fantastic and there are those who haven't who know its crap.

  9. #9
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    West Sussex, England
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Aidan1150 View Post
    If you had the bike booked in with Neil (Steptoe) you could go get a bite to eat and return to find the bike serviced and ready to go. The man knows his way round these bikes and doesn't feck about.

    Steptoe
    Cheers Aidan, i've sent them a mail.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London,England
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadLad View Post
    Cheers for the suggestion, will keep it in mind but hoping for someone closer.

    New to the area and the country for that matter so don't have anyone to give me a lift etc and if I factor in taxis or 2-3 hours of public transport it just wouldn't be worth it.
    Steptoe will give you a free loan bike.

  11. #11
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadLad View Post
    Hi Lads,

    Just bought myself a low mileage G650GS Sertao, doing some research about where I'll get it serviced.

    Anybody recommend an independent BMW specialist South of London, preferably close to the Gatwick area.

    I've seen recommendations for Phil Banks, anyone know if he is still with Allbikes in Purley?

    Cheers,

    NML
    There is BMW Motorad in Guildford...circa 40 minutes round the M23/M25/A3. Service while you wait and the chance to take another bike out for a test ride. IMHO, excellent service from them. Alternatively you could always do the service yourself.. changing oil, plugs and filters etc is very easy.

    I'm just not right in the head

    My YouTube Channel, if you're interested

  12. #12
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Godalming, England
    Posts
    306

    FCL Cranleigh

    Phil Sharpe

  13. #13
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Warlingham, Surrey. No Riff-Raff please.
    Posts
    9,332
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadLad View Post
    Hi Lads,

    Just bought myself a low mileage G650GS Sertao, doing some research about where I'll get it serviced.

    Anybody recommend an independent BMW specialist South of London, preferably close to the Gatwick area.

    I've seen recommendations for Phil Banks, anyone know if he is still with Allbikes in Purley?

    Cheers,

    NML
    Phil Banks no longer works at Allbikes Purley.

  14. #14
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    West Sussex, England
    Posts
    43
    Unfortunately Steptoe dont do work on the 650's

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    West Sussex, England
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming T View Post
    There is BMW Motorad in Guildford...circa 40 minutes round the M23/M25/A3. Service while you wait and the chance to take another bike out for a test ride. IMHO, excellent service from them. Alternatively you could always do the service yourself.. changing oil, plugs and filters etc is very easy.
    Was thinking about this alright, only problem is i dont have much place to do it as im in an apt with an underground... could possibly swing it tho. Will have a look for a Haynes.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"