Co-ordinates

Bear

Reaction score
If I right-click on a location in Google Maps I can get it's co-ordinates if the form 53.302618, -2.402782 which appears to be degrees and decimals. BaseCamp uses, by default, N53° 18.152' W2° 24.161' for the same point. Is there a setting in either BaseCamp or Google Maps that gets them into the same format? Long ago it was easy: find in Google Maps would save directly to a Garmin device but that has long gone.

Wapping, you're a gentleman. It seems that Google Maps, Mapsource and BaseCamp can convert one format to another for themselves. Copying and pasting co-ordinates from Google Maps to BaseCamp turns out to be surprisingly straightforward for the occasions when BaseCamp's search facility doesn't help.

As far as i am aware you literally just copy and paste the google coordinates into the find coordinates box in basecamp and it works, and from what i remember this does not work with mapsource.

The HUBB thread that Wapping referred to suggests that a bit of tinkering is needed with MapSource. It didn't look too difficult.

Back
Top Bottom