Pain in the neck

I did it and yes, it's a bit of a fiddly job and takes longer than you think - but then everything I do takes longer than I think it should! I don't have risers and had to trim the non-OEM screen to avoid clashing on full lock. My screen, although aftermarket, is close to the standard version so you might have to get the Dremel out. Worthwhile though as I don't like the bolt upright riding position and found the standard bars have too much backward sweep for me.

The hand rest thing arrived Saturday,

So the Rh grip puppy id off ans this new thing fitted...

Not sure how its going to work, as its almost in the centre of the grip, to allow for the thumb part to fit ??

i'll let you know monday PM

With Rox Risers and low rise Renthals you wont get grips that feel like ape hangers but you will be able to tune in a more comfortable forwards lean. Since fitting mine the thumb joint pain, I always used to get on long rides, has gone.

I have Wunderlich soft lock stops which slightly reduce the steering lock and a Givi AF-330 screen. I don't have a problem with the bars hitting the screen.

The hand rest thing arrived Saturday,

So the Rh grip puppy id off ans this new thing fitted...

Not sure how its going to work, as its almost in the centre of the grip, to allow for the thumb part to fit ??

i'll let you know monday PM

Well i have to report back....

In theory the kit is good, and for the brief (7 miles ) i used it, it did have its benefits, presenting a rest to the wrist / hand, and reducing pins and needles

However it has one big flaw, actually is a huge flaw. your cruise position varies, so you have to make adjustments to the clip,

To do so, you have to wind it away from you , the problem then being its in the wrong place, so you cant grip the grip.

To get it back to your new position, you have to wind it through 360 degrees.

Trouble is it then unwinds itself from the grip !!!!

Oh yes, to say watching in bounce down the road and getting run over by the car behind, kinda makes you think,

it wasnt as good as it's cracked up to be . :(

Quickest £5 i've lost lol

:blast

Back
Top Bottom