2004 R1200GS L/H switch cluster

Barry Garrow

Reaction score
Hi all - Ive seen a used L/H switch on ebay that is almost identical to the one on my bike. On my original, the centre button (to the right of the headlamp switch) is for switching off/on the ABS and is obviously marked ABS. The same button on the used replacement is marked ESA. I am assuming that there wouldn't be a problem in swaping them over and that the functionality would remain the same regardless of what is printed on the button. Of course I would use the button (or micro switch cover if you like) marked ABS from my original. Everything else about the switch cluster appears to be the same - i.e. Trip, Hazzard (with red light), Hi/Lo lamp, Orange indicator paddle, Horn. Any advice or reassurance would be welcome. If anyone is wondering why I need to change the switch cluster - the indicator mico switch is faulty - probably corroded contacts. I've had the switch apart and managed to get it working again in the past but it is playing up again so I think a replacement is the best option. Thanks.

I can't comment on the ABS/ESA issue but you are probably right that the wiring is the same (clever stuff is done in the CanBus).

Have you checked out RS Components (etc) for a replacement microswitch?

Hi - yes, ive considered replacing just the microswitch and have looked on a number of sites to locate one but can't find one that looks identical. Anyone point me in the right direction?

Back
Top Bottom