Harley Davidson Tank Bra

That would drive me crazy having IBSTOCK on all my bricks - I wonder if they have a Frog if so, they should (IMO) all really face down to give an even mortar bed - as some appear to be Frog up, then the could be more prone to water damage........ but.... they may just be solid bricks In which case its just fucking messy...

That would drive me crazy having IBSTOCK on all my bricks - I wonder if they have a Frog if so, they should (IMO) all really face down to give an even mortar bed - as some appear to be Frog up, then the could be more prone to water damage........ but.... they may just be solid bricks In which case its just fucking messy...

No frogs....they have holes all the way through... from Ibstock's "Cheap as shit" range... for the penny conscious cowboy builder...

No frogs....they have holes all the way through... from Ibstock's "Cheap as shit" range... for the penny conscious cowboy builder...

should be OK then..... I bet of you look at his the odd interior facing brick will have IBSTOCK on the outside.

This worked good for me on my Fatbob, link posted below, after that I made sure I had a good coat of wax on the tank, as for tankbags they do more damage than good.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/scratch---swirl-repair

My current bike has the denim black paint which you shouldn't rub too hard cos it goes shiny. And therefore my current issue is the appearance of a shiny rim from where the edge of the Bra has obviously rubbed slightly against the denim paintwork. :blast

Tonight I have decided to burn my bra in protest. :)

My current bike has the denim black paint which you shouldn't rub too hard cos it goes shiny. And therefore my current issue is the appearance of a shiny rim from where the edge of the Bra has obviously rubbed slightly against the denim paintwork. :blast

So, the item designed to protect the paint, has in fact damaged it......class

Ah sorry that could not work, mine is Vivid Black so it is shiny, suppose thats why it worked for me, I will call a mate who has the same colour as you, maybe he knows some trick.

Just called my mate and he said he got fed up with it and stuck some Scotchgard 3M tank protectors on where his knees rub, I suppose Harley admits it in their service bulletin.

M-1172 1 of 2
SERVICE BULLETIN
BLACK DENIM PAINT CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Purpose
The purpose of this bulletin is to provide an understanding of
the characteristics of Black Denim paint and the required
care to the dealer network.
Black Denim finish differs from traditional high-gloss finishes
on other Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Like denim fabric,
Black Denim paint will burnish with age and use, adding
character and personality to the finish of the motorcycle. The
integrity of the paint, however is not affected by age.
Please refer customers to the Owner’s Manual for details on
finish care.
If scratched, nicked or scuffed, Black Denim paint can not be
buffed out. If polished, the finish will become less matte and
more glossy over time. This finish can not be repaired.
Motorcycles with Black Denim paint should follow processes
outlined in the Harley-Davidson Cosmetic Guidelines booklet.
Motorcycles Affected
Select 2006 VRSCD and FXDB Dyna model motorcycles.
Required Dealer Action
Inform service personnel of the special care instructions for
Black Denim paint, communicate the characteristics of Black
Denim paint to customers at time of vehicle order placement
and review at time of new vehicle delivery.
Service Procedure
Cleaning Black Denim paint:
●
For heavy deposits on finish:
Use a grease cutting
dishwashing detergent and a clean H-D wash-mitt (P/N
94760-99). Dilute dishwashing detergent per instructions
provided by manufacturer and rinse thoroughly with
clean water.
●
For light deposits on finish:
Use ammonia based
glass cleaner and a soft H-D Soft-Cloth (HD-94656-98).
●
For final detailing:
Use H-D Gloss with H-D Soft Cloth.
NOTE
Refer to Table 1 for recommended cleaning care products.
M-1172 July 23, 2005
IMPORTANT NOTE
In the interest of preserving customer safety and satisfaction, always check for outstanding recalls whenever any motorcycle is brought into your
dealership for either maintenance or service.

err Tricky.

Dibbs…..on the bra thing.,,If I may Please.

Looks to be a perfect thong, with a nice strong wide heavy stomach supporting front and comfy crack sliding support:cool:

Can you drop it off for ATT, who will be happy to use/ look after it for me until I see him again….at his 2020 porra bash. ta!!

Your lucky as I was just about to strike a match and set fire to it. I'll give it to att for you. :thumb2

Smogbob

Thanks for the denim paint info. I think I'll just leave it to fade naturally.

Just like my flared blue jeans from the 1970s. :D

Your lucky as I was just about to strike a match and set fire to it. I'll give it to att for you. :thumb2

Smogbob

ATT will be eternally grateful.:D

Smogbob

Your welcome glad it has put your head to rest, I know only to well the feeling, mine drove me mad but got lucky had shiny paint.

Back
Top Bottom