Splice TT Rider 400 power cable into R1200GS loom

Treeman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Original plan was to wire my Tomtom rider 400 using the accessory plug at the stearing head but was talked out of it by my local Motorad dealer (talk of draining batteries etc). They advised just wiring the positive lead into a switched power cable like the front or rear light. Can anyone advise me on how to trace a live +12v feed and best way to splice?
I have searched the forum but sadly it's got me more confused as there seems to be an infinite number of ways to connect a sat nav - and I leave for Spain tomorrow!

I've had my TT400 wired to the accessory plug at the steering head on my last 13 plate GS and my current 15 plate GS, no issues with the mount, powers off after 15 / 20 secs from ignition switch off......

Yes that's what I thought would work but dealer told me tales of dead batteries and not correct usage. He said sometimes the Canbus still thought an accessory was connected so never switched off. I didn't buy the accessory plug and am now stuck - ferry leaves tomorrow morning.

Back
Top Bottom