2018.1 CN Map update - France missing on device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know we're leaving Europe, and everything, but have the French withdrawn their maps now?

I updated computer and device to CN 2018.1, and planned a route from Coquelles to Assen - France, Belgium, Netherlands. The GPs (590) worked fine in the UK, but on loading the route when we left the tunnel the device completely denied the existence of France, and routed me back via Harwich. We carried on anyway east on the a16, and on reaching the Belgian border, all the mapping came back and it took us to Assen.

In reverse, the device wouldn't have any truck with France, so I did a route to a point on the e40 near Veurne, on the border - worked fine.

Checking the device at home, I can see the maps on Mac does have France. Looking at the device, the maps clearly stop at the Belgian border (base map only). I downloaded the maps to the device again - same result.

Plugged the device into the Mac, and reading the map off the device in Basecamp - stops at the Belgian border.

Any ideas? By the way - exactly the same thing happened to the 595 and Nav V that the other two were using, and had also just updated.

Try using the search facility on UKGSer. This topic was exhaustively covered earlier this year and is because the 'europe-wide maps' are now split into Europe-North and Europe-South. Thus is as a result of the map files getting ever larger

if your device does not have enough memory or a big enough SD card in it, when you update the maps, you only get the Europe-North ones. And France is in Europe-South

The previous threads give chapter & verse on how to get both sets of maps on your device

Thanks for the helpful advice! I have done a search, which results in lots of threads documenting the problem, but pretty light on solutions.

Anyway, for others that don't want to read chapter and verse about Nutty's travails on the Continent, Garmin have now split the maps into North and South. If you update with an older version of Garmin Express, as I did, then you'll get Northern Europe only as the older version don't know there are 2 mapsets. Updating Garmin Express and reinstalling maps to the device(s) has resulted in 2 CN maps on the device, Europe North and Europe South, so problem solved.

Oddly, though, Basecamp thinks the 2 new maps (which are both called City Navigator Europe 2018.1 in Basecamp) are "installed" and the City Navigator Europe 2018.1 that is installed on the computer, is on the device.

ps. It would have been quicker for you to write the solution that than telling me to use search, but thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom