New to me ST3S

Bin Ridin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well,

I started out to buy a lighter-weight version of the GSA, preferably 21" front wheel - say a 650Dakar or a Transalp...

Somehow ended up with a ST3S (17" front wheeel...) !!

Very nice ride, a lot of power, stable and turns well...

A bit more weight on the wrists than I am used to but manageable.

It has a Performance Airbox and Pipes, the sound of the thing is wicked.

So, a good start!

Bin

Attachments

• 20170614_095417C.jpg
    20170614_095417C.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 513
  • 20170614_074729C.jpg
    20170614_074729C.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 503
That's looks lovely, they are fantastic touring bikes

I am jealous, I sold mine 5 years ago to buy my first GS, I've regretted it ever since, should have found space & money for both of them.

That's looks lovely, they are fantastic touring bikes

I am jealous, I sold mine 5 years ago to buy my first GS, I've regretted it ever since, should have found space & money for both of them.

Agreed ,I sold my st3s 4 years ago , big mistake. Used to open the garage door to just look , never do that with my GS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well,

I started out to buy a lighter-weight version of the GSA, preferably 21" front wheel - say a 650Dakar or a Transalp...

Somehow ended up with a ST3S (17" front wheeel...) !!

Very nice ride, a lot of power, stable and turns well...

A bit more weight on the wrists than I am used to but manageable.

It has a Performance Airbox and Pipes, the sound of the thing is wicked.

So, a good start!

Bin

I had the bar risers at 6' it made a big difference esp in town.

Lovely Duke

(but take the Ohlins sticker of the Showa forks)

Fairly sure I've come across that bike over the last week or two.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

That's lovely, tried an ST3 in 2002 and for a variety of reasons (cheap insurance deal) purchased a Fazer 1000 instead :blast

Love to hear how you get on with it.

RBW

80632a07a22228d9fa7e3d4b7978c13b.jpg

Do hope it's getting looked after

It is an 'S' though.

Wouldn't they have come with Ohlins?

It's usually one of the differentiators.
Nope.
On that model, being the "S" would probably have gotten you an Ohlins rear shock.

It's a Showa fork (or maybe a Sachs)

Now, on the plus side....... I had a 996 with Showa front end and in 12 years, I never had to do the fork seals........ whereas my mates with there fancy 999s and 1098s with fancy Ohlins front ends had to do seals every year (after the winter lay up)

The Showa forks are brilliant.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

My 748 biposto and sp had showa front forks, and when I got them serviced the suspension boy told me that the ohlins jobs regularly popped their seals, he had never changed the seals on the showa, good bit of kit, always fancied a ST,

I had an ST4, which I uprated with the Ohlins rear suspension with remote adjuster. Great bike, very reliable until the cooling fan stopped cutting in. Ended up p/x for my a BMW K1300S

I'm sure you will love it.

Doesn't take long to get back to Calais from here on an ST3

Attachments

• IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 326
I had to sell my first ST3 in 2013 as had no space / money for two bikes and hankered after getting another one for some time as new bigger house & some inheritance money removed the obstacles.

I’ve just acquired this 2005 model which has been with its previous owner since 2011, but owing to illness he had only ridden it 600 miles in those 8 years. Now has a total of 11,500 on clock. It had full MOT but needed recommissioning with fresh belts, fluids etc

The complexity and all the electronics on modern cars & bikes have got to me so have decided to make this ST3 my default bike to ride next year.

Attachments

• Ducati ST3 v2.jpg
    Ducati ST3 v2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 108

Back
Top Bottom