Wifi problem with phone

newbuild100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Virgin media/Iphone 4.

Everything going ok until last night, when I noticed the wifi signal on my phone getting weaker and weaker.
Normally when I turn on the phone wifi at home, it gets the signal straight away.
This morning, when I turned on the phone wifi on, it took a long time to pick up the signal. (But didnt seem strong enough to pick up emails/Internet etc etc)
Now, its picking no wifi at all but asking for the Virgin media passcode (Ive tried putting in one of the two passwords that are on the back of the router thingy and still nothing)

Ive tried switching off phone and PC etc but all to no avail

(PS .... phone is perfect in 3G mode)

Any clues anyone ???

Thanks

If you have other devices that connect to the wifi then it points to the phone as the culprit.

When you are out does your iPhone pick up free wifi ? I would imagine your phone has a separate wifi receiver,( as a laptop has a separate wifi card ) if it works when your out great

Has anything changed recently ?

If you have a laptop you can log into your router and check that out. Well I can on sky so I imagine you can do the same. Regarding the recent press on Virgin wifi passwords perhaps it would be best to leave the factory settings until you have resolved your issue.

Try and eliminate causes and you may well end up with the cause of your problem.

After what felt like half the day yesterday looking into the above, I called Virgin and after getting cut off twice (Gggrrrrrr), I eventually managed to speak to someone in the tech dept who ran some tests, and eventually said there was nothing wrong with their "Equipment"

Ironically though, the phones wifi seems to be perfect again now!

Strange that isnt it ? . . . . . .(He said, cynically !)

Back
Top Bottom