Navigator V - how do I add 'trip via towns'' without being taken to town centre?

Markn3

Reaction score
Hi All. Read the manual - looked at Youtube - given up. When you add towns to force a specific route to an end destination the Navigator 5 navigates you to the town centre each time - bloody annoying. Is the only way to click on roads on the map?

Hi All. Read the manual - looked at Youtube - given up. When you add towns to force a specific route to an end destination the Navigator 5 navigates you to the town centre each time - bloody annoying. Is the only way to click on roads on the map?

Probably best to use BAseCamp to map your route around the towns and then upload the whole trip to the Nav 5. Take a look in the GPS Info section on here... there is a mass of information on planning trips / routes.

A custom route in Basecamp with non alerting shaping points would be my choice, great info in the GPS section here and you may find vid's like this useful on YouTube (nothing to do with me, but useful)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OnBQDIJn1GI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lean to use route plotting software on your home computer, which is easy. Many have learned; so can you.
is of course advice you should heed but you may not always have the luxury of sitting in the front of your home computer. Or maybe you just can't be arsed to do it that way? If so, here's how to do it on your device...

Touch the road you want to go to on the device's screen. You'll probably need to zoom in and to have loaded the detailed maps, of course. This video, though for a different device, shows you how. Your device might be different but you'll work it out, I'm sure.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Oo4ruAtJBm8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Use the device's ability to find a specific address / 'Where to' function, where you can enter an excact address / post code. Of course you'll need to know the road's name / post code or you'll just have to enter Ryhll or Northampton or Chalfont St Giles or wherever it is you want to sort of go to, whereupon the dumb (but really very clever) device will just take you to the town centre, it requiring some clear input from you (the much cleverer) owner if you want to go to somewhere more specific than the town centre.

Use a bit of common sense. As you approach the town, instead of following the magenta line to the town centre - created by the device (only as you had given nothing better to work with) - strike off of your own volition in the direction YOU want to take. If you find the device bloody annoyingly keeps routing you back to the centre (but, hey, let's not forget it was where YOU told the device YOU wanted to go) learn to use the skip waypoint / do not auto-recalculate functions.

Back
Top Bottom