Dragging Routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

transalper44

Reaction score
Using Basecamp, how does one drag a route back to the intended one that's gone down an unwanted path ? On Mapsource it was simple, you had a tool to do it.

Well no, refer Basecamp as it has updated 2018 maps in line with the 660. Mapsource you can no longer update the maps though it does have some better functions ! So, is the answer, NO?

Not sure that I fully understand the OP's initial post. But, in Basecamp, you just 'click and hold' on the section of the route that you wish to move. Then just drag it and release the mouse button when the cursor is over the road that you wish to force the route to

Not sure that I fully understand the OP's initial post. But, in Basecamp, you just 'click and hold' on the section of the route that you wish to move. Then just drag it and release the mouse button when the cursor is over the road that you wish to force the route to

Not if you are using a pc you dont. it does not work like that on a pc, i have posted a video on hear somewhere with the instructions on how to drag and drop using basecamp and pc,

I also dont know where the OP gets this info from Quote Mapsource you can no longer update the maps. this is not so,

i will try to find a link to the vid

Link to the vid on how to do this using a pc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXdcAh6bIKk

Thank you Paulos, I'll try that. I was told that you can't download 2017 / 18 maps to Mapsource, perhaps by using the latest maps in the 660 and connecting it to Mapsource and download, you can ? Will try that also.

Thanks all for your input.

as i have said there is no reason why you can not use the latest maps with mapsource, there is no need to have your 660 connected, picture to prove note the map version top left.

Attachments

• 01-07-2017 16-44-40.jpg
    01-07-2017 16-44-40.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 252
I was told that you can't download 2017 / 18 maps to Mapsource

Whoever told you that was wrong.

What the unknown source of your misinformation maybe meant, is that Garmin are no longer a tivly supporting Mapsource's development. That's not quite the same thing.

Using Basecamp, how does one drag a route back to the intended one that's gone down an unwanted path ? On Mapsource it was simple, you had a tool to do it.

Activate the hand tool, so that you can drag around the map. Activate the route (if not already the active one) by clicking on it. Move the hand icon onto the active route, then hold down the keyboard 'Alt' key whilst holding down the left mouse button. Drag the route and two black lines will appear, a la Mapsource. Drop the route by releasing the mouse. Note that the hand must be on the route when you Alt-left click.

If you use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in and out, and the hand to drag around the map on screen, plus the Alt-L click it really does become simple to change a route. No need to resort to Mapsource :rob

Activate the hand tool, so that you can drag around the map. Activate the route (if not already the active one) by clicking on it. Move the hand icon onto the active route, then hold down the keyboard 'Alt' key whilst holding down the left mouse button. Drag the route and two black lines will appear, a la Mapsource. Drop the route by releasing the mouse. Note that the hand must be on the route when you Alt-left click.

If you use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in and out, and the hand to drag around the map on screen, plus the Alt-L click it really does become simple to change a route. No need to resort to Mapsource :rob

Not if you are using a windows pc.

Not so. I only use Basecamp on a PC and these instructions apply to Basecamp on any Windows PC

I usually fix routes by deleting points within the route properties. R-click on the route name (or double click it, although this alters the map scale to show the entire route), then Properties. Click on any point and a brown circle appears on the map to show the location of that point. Delete as necessary, let the route recalculate then drag n drop the revised route to the roads you want to take.

BTW Leedude03, I hope I didn't sound brusque. You've made several contributions that I've found useful and I guessed you'd made an error in this case.

I usually fix routes by deleting points within the route properties. R-click on the route name (or double click it, although this alters the map scale to show the entire route), then Properties. Click on any point and a brown circle appears on the map to show the location of that point. Delete as necessary, let the route recalculate then drag n drop the revised route to the roads you want to take.

BTW Leedude03, I hope I didn't sound brusque. You've made several contributions that I've found useful and I guessed you'd made an error in this case.

Perish the thought good sir, no offence taken, as i said i should have read the post more carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom