Many thanks

Pauly S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I just thought i was say a great chunky thankyou to Marc for laying on a cracking weekend, thankyou to all the bar staff and caterers who were more than welcoming, thankyou to the bands that played for us, and especially for the George Formby impressions,Thankyou to the hogroast staff and well done to the belgium posse who made the 400 mile trip to attend.
The weather was a mixed bag but thats half the fun of it.The gods blesssed us with dry weather to pack up.I hope i didnt get too many people pissed with the "Bill H's" secret recipe Jaffa cakes.Until next time,thankyou very much,and may Lord BMW bless you all ! Hurrah !:thumb

Just to echo the above comments.
As a GSer event virgin, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Great weekend, with a nice donation to a good cause.
An addition to the thank you list - Mark who lead the road ride - some cracking roads and views, some of which I managed to remember and incorporate into my home ride to enjoy again.
And the Jaffa cakes were excellent.
Thanks again to all concerned
:beerjug:

As above - Cracking weekend, cracking bands, muchos Jaffa Cakeage (and Guinness), top Pig ..... Good one....An event which will surely become more popular, the central location in GB meaning it's easier for everyone

As above - Cracking weekend, cracking bands, muchos Jaffa Cakeage (and Guinness), top Pig ..... Good one....An event which will surely become more popular, the central location in GB meaning it's easier for everyone

It had it all, Mark you should be in entertainment, well done, great to see old freinds, put off the start of a 7 days byways tour to make THE HOGROAST, it was worth the trip, loved Buxton town also, spent the Saturday walking around the town, the two bands were brillant, just missed a few more old faces, but a good amount raised for Blood Bikes.

Helmet throwing and slow bike great stuff.

Its a lot of work organising events and it took its toll on me months of work, if you do it again Mark well done, I know you were happy with it all, and thats the most important thing, and making sure you don`t lose money yourself.:clap

Sorry I missed all the "roast" entertainment, but the Saturday trail ride had all the entertainment I needed.

Great day out.

Attachments

• 20170701_133124.jpg
    20170701_133124.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 288
It was a great weekend and brilliant to catch up with some folk I've not seen for years and to meet lots of new people too. Really happy that Bakerman and Becky could come and having Bakerman praise this first effort in Buxton is praise indeed. Steve, your efforts over many years made it easy for me as I enjoyed so many great Hograosts over some many years thanks to you and Becky. It was my pleasure to be able to let you enjoy one this time.

Turbo Jaffa cakes are the future!" :p...:clap:clap:clap

Thanks everyone that came to visit Buxton. I hope we can do it again next year .....I may have caught up with some of my lost sleep by then ;)

Back
Top Bottom