SPAIN/Picos etc Tomorrow! No idea where!

cornish

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ferry booked for tomorrow. Haven't had chance to pack yet or look at maps.
Relying on Wapping to be on standby to find me places to stay and decent roads to ride on.
Also somewhere good to eat and that sells petrol would be handy.

Wish me luck (and thanks in advance Wapping!!)

The coast is worth a visit too.

As an example; Between Ribadeo and Aviles there is a new motorway (A8). Literally, underneath it, (well, under the new tall bridges) is the N632/ N634 , the "old" road twisting and turning its path along the coast. No one uses it anymore, apart from cyclists. Its superb for motorcyclists, grippy twisty and scenic.

You can find similar examples all over Spain. Have a great trip.

(I think you will find the food and friendliness of Northern Spain arguably better than the South.)

Cheers all. At least I've got a proper bag packed, my mate is travelling with a bin liner! It's gonna be fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you will love it, no idea what your budget is but head for the Hotel del Oso, just past Potes.

http://www.hoteldeloso.com

I'll second that - just got back from a trip to Spain and Portugal - has to be one of my favourite hotels.

On the road to Fuente De - can't miss the hotel, the road is a dead end, you'll spot it on the right. Might be best to phone first to check though - it's popular and you're in peak season now...

P1050533-XL.jpg

View from our balcony:

P1000493-XL.jpg

Looks great! leaving now, slightly concerned at Wappings lack of helpful advice re checking maps, going online not being gormless etc etc.

Never mind, Carry on regardless!!

Thanks again for the helpful, non patronising, comments.

Viva Espange!!!

COAST OPTION

LLANES just down the coast from Santander, nice seaside town plenty of shops trad bars and restaurants.Within easy reach of the mountains etc

Apologies, been too busy looking and laughing at Keith Bouncer's Swiss adventure plans, along with his cabin boy, Nutty.

Have a good one.

Great roads and scenery. Spent three days there at end of May and have routes from Santander. If you want them PM me. Stayed at Hotel del Oso (link above) and recommend it.

We stayed in Hotel Del Oso last year on our first night and it is a lovely place, however I prefer the less formal Casa Rural places myself. Some of them are in absolutely stunning locations, full of rustic character and very cheap.

Thanks all. Hotel Del Oslo was full, but we found a couple of great places. Got upgraded from a 3 star to 4 when the leccy failed. When the 3 was full they put us onto a 2 star which was 30 euros and really nice with a great restaurant. I don't think you can go far wrong in that area. To anyone hesitating, give it a go! Awesome roads, of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom