SPC....Ohlins

charlie batty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just to let ya know....SPC are now selling Ohlins for the same price as Harris Performance, who are the importers...

....incidentely SPC let me test ride just about every BMW model they did..befor i chose the GS...

MIKE OUGHTON said:
How much are they charging for the Ohlins?

MikeO:)

Mike
For the same price as Harris Performance, who are the importers...
£770 inc vat a pair

SPC were charging £500 for the rear last year !!

ohlins at spc

just phoned them and they cannot get anywhere near the deal that i got from motorworks,the salesman in the parts department said, and his exact words were> well if they want to sell at silly prices thats up to them,he wouldn't budge even though i wanted 4 shocks and 2 chips,so it's back motorworks for me. Andy

You can get a better deal with discount from other sources. My dealer charged me £364 for a rear (Adventure) shock & £385 (fitted) for a front. Shop around, it could save you a lot of money! Andy Malton's deal with Motorworks sounds hard to beat, but some may find a marginally more expensive deal at their local dealer, which may make more sense in customer support/convenience etc.

MikeO:)

I phoned SPC and yes they are now Quoting Harris prices
they had a front in stock and could get a rear within the week,
i have ordered stuff from them before and found them very quick
as mike says you may get a slightly better deal elsewhere but
it could be a wait of upto six weeks.:(

PS i am not on first name terms with anyone at SPC and never will be :p

done the deal

thats it I done the deal today, both shocks,bbchip,k&n filter=£935 delivered to my door, after all the phone calls this was the best anyone could do.cheers for the phone numbers and info Andy

Motorworks Ohlins Shocks

Make sure you check the shocks over with a fine tooth comb especially the rear

Hopefully you wont get one of the 3 rear shocks I returned to Motorworks.

In the end I gave up (and so did they) and cancelled my order.

Richard

Motorworks Ohlins Shocks

The front shock was fine but the rears came to me damaged.

The first one wasnt packaged correctly. The remote reservoir was loose in the box and put dents all over the shock.

I explained this was the problem and told them they should check the shock before sending it and ensure that it was packaged correctly

The second one was sent out damaged. They repacked it in bubble wrap but didnt check it before sending.

The third one had a huge scratch down the anodised centre which would have corroded.

They gave up due to the costs for transport (they started pleading poverty) and said that they couldnt guarantee the quality.

I think this because they get them from Harris who is the UK importer. At the bike show in Birmingham Harris performance said they would supply with a 10% discount .

May try them as I can inspect them at point of sale. Not sure if they will still give the discount

im sure your bad run of luck was not intentional,I have had an excellent service from m/works that includes ordering new and secondhand parts over many years and just phoning them to pick their brains on technical stuff, they never fail to be more than very helpful.Andy

SPC - hmmmm...don't go there. :mad:

I went in for a pair of Ohlins for my 1100S last year. They quoted me £640 for a rear...oh..PLUS VAT!!!! Daren't ask what the front was.

I've heard good things about MHRacing - why not also try MCTechnics in Stowmarket. Darren's a top bloke and very helpful - they stock Technoflex shocks which are easily as good as Ohlins and a bit cheaper. They're also fully upgradable - buy the basic shock with just preload and rebound adjust then add the remote preload/ride height/compression stuff when you need it/can afford it. Plus these shocks are custom-built, much like Maxton.

Several guys on Boxertrix have them fitted to 1100S's (I also bought a T/flex front) and been very chuffed. :)

I'd second the recommendation of MC Technics.

Darren set up my Hayabusa when I had it.
Ohlins rear and fork springs, new oil and set up.

It handled like a decent 600 after that, very pleased. :)

www.mctechnics.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom