Thread: V-Strom 1000 XT 2017

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

V-Strom 1000 XT 2017

Hey everyone so finally got the new bike settled on a Suzuki V-strom 1000 XT yay!

After having a few Suzukis in the past race and road gsx-r’s 600 and 750 + a 1980’s gsx750et that I’m restoring at the moment sorta made sense + a 3 year warranty if I needed it although I’m likely to self service.

After the first ride back on the Suzuki very impressed after the BMW GSA LC very refined no throttle Jerk, probably down to the cable,
    found it very smooth.

Suspension very plush compared to the Dynamic Esa and consistent to great thing about manual suspension I guess.

I’m pretty tall so looking forward to getting the New touring screen from Suzuki when it comes out.

Gonna try a few of the genuine Suzuki parts, came with Tumblrs keyed to the ignition key for the Suzuki Panniers, been told a lot of the parts are different to the older V2 model fit wise.

Clocks are very clear and easy to read the speed you are doing,

bar bend felt natural for me although I do need thicker soled boots can flat foot on one foot but off camber is a bit of a pain in Dianese Axial Pro boots

Day two

Typical Suzuki felt right at home from the get go.

Had an amazing second ride couldn’t venture to far as my dads back is injured from work was killing him on his 750 gsx-r

Did A roads motorway B roads, some tiny roads all sorts of roads haha.

Dad was surprised at how I far I had it over very confidence inspiring even while running the engine in such a wave of torque.

So far loving everything about it a very impressive underdog of a bike looking forward to checking out some off road in Iceland next year.

Not said that about a bike for a long time can't wait to finish running her in then do some big trips.

Strangely enough I was looking at the same model the other day and was very impressed

well worth a test ride I've been lucky enough to own a variety of bikes classics race and new superbikes + the bmw I had, this V-strom really impresses me with it's no nonsense approach + cornering abs is nice to have, typical Suzuki made a very refined package.

Looks nice. Any idea of top speed and tank range ?

Was showing 200 ish the other day 20l tank

Not sure on top speed enough to get you in trouble haha

Was looking at one this evening in Franceshire. Looked to be a quality bike,

If you are doing all your own servicing - why go for brand new (3yr warranty) - any failures you want to claim for, you are kind of on your back feet despite what some people think?

Al
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

A nice looking adventure motorcycle.

3 year warranty is standard on Suzuki No extra cost unlike BMWs so might just take it for the first 3 years to be serviced dealer prices are pretty reasonable just glad its a bike I won't need to take any extended warranty out on for fear of something expensive breaking. Few mates of mine did huge milage on the 2014+ model

Quote Originally Posted by steele01 View Post
    3 year warranty is standard on Suzuki No extra cost unlike BMWs so might just take it for the first 3 years to be serviced dealer prices are pretty reasonable just glad its a bike I won't need to take any extended warranty out on for fear of something expensive breaking. Few mates of mine did huge milage on the 2014+ model
    I would love to see one with some decent aluminium luggage fitted (Givi) ,engine bars , spots and the option from Suzuki of a 28/30 litres tank.

In 2014 when I was speaking to a group of Austrians staying on the Grossglockner at the Edelweiss Hutte , they were all on hexhead BMW's apart from 2 on the then new 1000 V Stroms.

Both of them loved the V Stroms and the reason they were on them was because their new r1200gs lc models were in being repaired (clutch/gearbox failures)

That's sort of my plan either Metal Mule or gonna give the suzuki stuff a go, gonna try Touratech Rails, did see the suzuki ones look pretty tasty and descreet.

Sounds about right haha I honestly don't know how they managed to keep the issues with them out of the press for so long.