Starting a route between waypoints

Hatcho

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Quick background:

I used Google maps to create a few routes which I wanted to follow around the west coast of Ireland. Using mapstogpx.com I created GPX files which I then imported into Tyre for some minor tweaking (removal of unnecessary waypoints etc.). Once saved as GPX files in Tyre, I manually copied the files to the GPX folder on my Nav 6. When I examined the routes on the device itself, all was good with nothing changed. Happy days.

The Issue:

During the ride there were occasions where, whilst still on the route, I would navigate directly to a place (petrol station for example) by selecting it as a new destination. Once done, when I wanted to re-join my pre-designed route, I would be asked to decide which waypoint to start from. If I selected a waypoint behind us we would of course have to double back which would be a bit pointless. If I chose the next waypoint from where we were, the Nav 6 would decide which way to get there itself and not use the route I had pre-designed.

The Question:

I have a Zumo 550 and it will simply guide you to the next waypoint without deviating from the pre-planned route - is there a way to get the Nav 6 to behave in the same way?

Cheers,
Seán.

Yes, there are several ways. Here's just two to start with:

1. Just display the route but don't run it. Then, ride to it, using the device as a basic map. This is the equivalent of the old instruction: "Please navigate to the highlighted route"

2. Display the route, tap on a point on it that you want to go to and ask the device to take you there.

Wappings first choice would be my own choice, you may have to zoom out to find your route depending on scale.

Back
Top Bottom