Advice and thoughts please.... TYRES

Jesus, it makes my deal look cheap !
Had a pair of Bridgestone A40's fitted yesterday, £160 ride in ride out

I had Roadtec 01's fitted for £280 to loose wheels at Buckley tyres local to me

I've still got another pair of Bridgestone A40s that I got last year for £120 with a free goody bag, when their £50 off offer was on. Bike tyres Leeds will fit them for free to loose wheels when my existing pair have worn down, which hopefully, should not be until I do my Scotland trip in 3 weeks.

Steve at F&B Tyres in Sandbach, I've been using him for years

Cheers Rossi46, going to see Steve at F&B Tyres for same this Thursday as only a few miles away from me, alway loved Bridgestones when I had the VFR, this will be my first change from Anakee III's and I'm only riding on Tarmac, discussed the options with Steve and with the £50 off Voucher (finishes today) a bargain at sub £160!

Link for the voucher finishes tonight: www.bikeoil.co.uk/bridgestonefifty

Pair of Avon trail riders fitted to loose wheels at a local Yamaha dealer for £210 including disposal of old tyres

Sorry I don't want to open another thread about tyres

Does anyone know where can I get Heidenau K60 Scout tyres for GSA LC from?

It's looking like they are obsolete now?

They were displaying them at garmische on the heidenau stand, I think they are still quite new in that size.

I've just fitted the tkc70 and the jury is still out on them, they are getting better as only done 100miles on them. I am a big fan of the K60, had them on 1200gs, f800gs and 701 but was reluctant to try them on a more powerful bike, maybe I should have. The 150/70 rear used to last 10000+ but the 140 size only lasted 6000miles trackdayed on them and they were ok in the dry but not so good pushing them in the wet.

Can anyone share your experience with K60's please

First used them in 2014 to ride across Chile, Argentina and Peru on a mixture of on/off road, hot Tarmac, loose gravel and sand.
Found them to have excellent grip on all surfaces and quite smooth/hard wearing even on Tarmac due to the solid piece of tread along the centre of the rear tyre.
Was so impressed fitted a new set last year on my 2010 GSA in prep for another big trip, have only used them in Scotland so far and have been pleased with them in the wet and dry although if not going off-road I prefer Tourances for a quiter ride. Rear has squared off a bit after 5000 miles of carrying 15 stone rider and the occasional pillion.

Sourced them at Strathearn Tyres in Crieff, can't remember price but it must have been reasonable or I would remember.

Hope this is of interest Witcher even though all my experience is on a TC.

JimmyMac

Thanks JimmyMac,
That's what I was looking for. I know there is a small difference between 150 and 170 tires (centre solid line) but I hope they will be fine for daily commuting and occasional off-road.
I'm very pleased with Anakee 3 on the road but they're horrible off-road.
I thought about Karoo 3 and Anakee Wild but they're don't last long.
Hope I'll be happy with K60 Scouts.
Thanks

Both the 160 and 170 have a centre band. Have you looked at the tkc70? Better on road than the k60, dual radial compound and probably no worse off railroad than the k60. And I'm told they last as long also.

Back
Top Bottom