High Speed Wobble

How was the bike nuts? Compared to your GS/GSA

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Fantastic! I enjoyed every minute.:beerjug:

I'm interested to see how I find the GS when I take it out this week!

My mate has the 2016 1290 T and he complained to KTM and they put new from internals in the rebound side. That was better but still wasn't right, so they replaced the forks with a new set from the newer 2017 model bikes. This still didn't sort the problem, so they replaced the ECU for the suspension and that did the trick.

Apparently it is a known problem with KTM.

My mate has the 2016 1290 T and he complained to KTM and they put new from internals in the rebound side. That was better but still wasn't right, so they replaced the forks with a new set from the newer 2017 model bikes. This still didn't sort the problem, so they replaced the ECU for the suspension and that did the trick.

Apparently it is a known problem with KTM.

Good info

Thanks

I'm liking the KTM's though some way away from replacing the GSA.

Many bikes will weave if the steering bearings are not 100%. Bikes are in effect articulated vehicles with a considerable %age of the all up weight in the steering. Any stiffness the steering bearings leads to tiny over-corrections that build into a wobble.

You can prove it by slackening the bearing preload. The steering will clack over bumps but if the speed weave stops you've found the culprit. Obviously reset/replace the bearings afterwards.

I'm liking the KTM's though some way away from replacing the GSA.

Many bikes will weave if the steering bearings are not 100%. Bikes are in effect articulated vehicles with a considerable %age of the all up weight in the steering. Any stiffness the steering bearings leads to tiny over-corrections that build into a wobble.

You can prove it by slackening the bearing preload. The steering will clack over bumps but if the speed weave stops you've found the culprit. Obviously reset/replace the bearings afterwards.

Thanks..it was a dodgy pirelli that was the cause! All good now, but thanks for the reply :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom