IAM Surety any good??

My harley is with them £135. Just got bmw quote with them £245, Bennetts offering my renew at £145.
Will give them a ring but get a little tired of bargaining, why not give me the best price first time round? In the days befor go compare etc when it took a lot of effort I can see them making a bit but now who doesn't shop around at renewal?

Every year Surety send me a renewal price and every year I go on GoCompare and find the cheapest comparable cover. In every instance Surety have then matched it and I've then renewed with them.

Takes about 10 minutes so not really a huge imposition.

I was with them for years then prices suddenly shot up so i ditched em for the bike. Still got car with em though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly the same with me! I was with them for 12 years. Car, bike and even house. Then the bike premiums went skywards. I got really pissed off at their attitude ( as with all brokers....) in that I had to do all the legwork to get cheaper quotes and then they'd match it. Except they couldn't match Bennetts. Now I just have the car with them.....for now

Thanks for all the information I think I will give them a go as it is the best price and excess!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rang and arranged my insurance last night, not quite what I was told as excess jumped from £350 to £500:blast still the best deal so stayed with them.

They are now trying to get me to have Gap Insurance at £180 for 2 years is that a good price??

:confused:
Online quote comes out at £226:blast

Eh? That can't be right! Give them a ring and just make sure you are asking for the right amount of cover. I'm assuming it's for 'return to invoice'...i.e. covers the gap between what your insurer pays out for a total loss and what you paid for it...? If not, what for? How long? And what cover value? :confused:

:confused:

Eh? That can't be right! Give them a ring and just make sure you are asking for the right amount of cover. I'm assuming it's for 'return to invoice'...i.e. covers the gap between what your insurer pays out for a total loss and what you paid for it...? If not, what for? How long? And what cover value? :confused:

That was for return to invoice at £5K which probably isn't enough?

Just rang them and they confirmed price of £226 or £249 if I had vehicle replacement +. When I told her what I had been offered she got it down to £169.50 or £186.75:nenau

Well Dave, if you're comparing apples with apples, I can only say that I'm very surprised. I used to work in the industry and they were recommended and used by a lot of my broker clients and they were consistently competitive.

Edit: forgive the stupid question but ala quotes for 3 years cover by default...was the IAM Surety premium for 3 years too? There's no point in taking out Gap insurance for 12 months...it's always far too costly.

Well Dave, if you're comparing apples with apples, I can only say that I'm very surprised. I used to work in the industry and they were recommended and used by a lot of my broker clients and they were consistently competitive.

Edit: forgive the stupid question but ala quotes for 3 years cover by default...was the IAM Surety premium for 3 years too? There's no point in taking out Gap insurance for 12 months...it's always far too costly.

All quotes are for 2 years as that's normally when I get rid of the bike, the lady did say they had gone up. I also tried Easy Gap recommended on here and they have stopped doing motorcycle gap insurance:blast

Back
Top Bottom