KTM beats BMW r1200GS

Yep....they don't even go off-road either, so add that to the list of things wrong with the GS.

Don't forget to add crap customer care to your list too ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bapjB_uXUJY#t=829.6706536

Exhausted just watching.

Yup , you're right to add crap customer care. Most BMW dealers are truly shocking , including my local one .
It's actually become a sport to pop into North Oxford and see how long you can walk round without one of the bearded twats putting down his latte frapuccino and Facebook and enquiringly if you need any help.

Did 15 minutes last time and got bored so walked out, without a soul lifting his head. Still, GSs sell themselves so why should they bother !!

Yup , you're right to add crap customer care. Most BMW dealers are truly shocking , including my local one .
It's actually become a sport to pop into North Oxford and see how long you can walk round without one of the bearded twats putting down his latte frapuccino and Facebook and enquiringly if you need any help.

Did 15 minutes last time and got bored so walked out, without a soul lifting his head. Still, GSs sell themselves so why should they bother !!

Let's not talk about AMS. Good business I think, but you feel as welcome walking in there as a French snail greeting the gas grill. Our local Cotswold are brilliant though. Just a shame they sell those crap GS's or they'd have a great business to.

Dealers all over are the same though. If you want something you usually need to ask. Personally I don't mind that as I dislike shop assistants that are 'sent' to offer help when you're browsing. "Can I help you?" "No! Back off! Oh hold on....Where are the underpants?"

Let's not talk about AMS. Good business I think, but you feel as welcome walking in there as a French snail greeting the gas grill. Our local Cotswold are brilliant though. Just a shame they sell those crap GS's or they'd have a great business to.

Dealers all over are the same though. If you want something you usually need to ask. Personally I don't mind that as I dislike shop assistants that are 'sent' to offer help when you're browsing. "Can I help you?" "No! Back off! Oh hold on....Where are the underpants?"

I agree but after a certain time,you would think some muppet might enquire if he can be of assistance ! Then again,if you are looking at a specific bike and have done a bit of research,I find that the customer is generally more clued up than the 'sales' staff !

I agree but after a certain time,you would think some muppet might enquire if he can be of assistance ! Then again,if you are looking at a specific bike and have done a bit of research,I find that the customer is generally more clued up than the 'sales' staff !

That's so true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It certainly means nothing. I've rarely read such utter bollocks on this forum.

If you start jumping on all the bikes and wrenching the throttle up and down whilst making engine noises you will find the desired question of "can I help you", and if you want to talk to the manager just answer "No, now f*** Off"

Interesting (slightly) 'Best Adventure Bike of 2017' test in this week's MCN.Five bikes including 2 BMWs.One 'winner'.
But it's all bollocks anyway.Especially when the winner was the manufacturer's B team bike :aidan

The "other guy" was in our pit garage at Silverstone last weekend, doing a film for MotoRapido and he is actually a thoroughly nice guy!

Next time you see him, can you ask why he insists on acting like a 15 year old child in all his videos?

KTM 1290 beats BMW R1200GS in a the current Ride magazine test.

There, thought I would get that in first, so all you KTMers can have that warm fuzzy feeling in your pants.:aidan

It's still as ugly as sin though !
And it wobbles if you go over 90 with the panniers ......... Need a parts catcher as well .... its a KTM after all:hide

92425e93fedad9e01670f7d69d154b18--ktm-adventure-adventure-time.jpg

And at this point the BM rider realised the cocky KTM rider had missed the up and coming corner ......

In the Bike Life section of Bike mag, Rupert Paul reports on taking a 1290 AS to the Isle of Man.

'OMG - a thundering V twin with the composure of a space ship. I mean and engine that wheelies in fourth at 100 mph. Electronic preload, damping and riding modes selected by the best screen and interface in the world. Cornering headlights, ideal ergonomics, flawless road holding. Mind blowing.'

4,000 mile SA S test article in this months Bike mag.

cee5336a480c06a5579ede171d19a6a7.jpg

It got me places faster than I expected.

With a few well chosen accessories it is a complete package.

Back
Top Bottom