New Falls of Shin Visitors Centre Open

SteveT

Reaction score
Popped up that way today and noticed that, like a slightly smaller Pheonix, the visitors centre has risen from the ashes . . . . with an arty fish tail for an entrance . . . .

34957829904_00c86bc900_z.jpg

35798479895_475f811d34_z.jpg

Didn't pop inside, but from the outside it only looks like its a cafe, so no tat to fleece the tourists with :rolleyes:

SteveT

:cool:

Aye, it's a nice place, the refurb is very well done.

Was up there a couple of weeks ago and there is also a small shop but it's not filled with yon tat the previous one sold...! Much better.
In my opinion, of course. :)

Looks fancy now

Indeed it is Johnboy.

Hows life in the old U S of A?

Another little piccy, just to make you feel homesick . . . . .

35575521060_a87075ef3d_z.jpg

No prizes for telling me where the piccy was taken, but you can have a smiley icon if you can name the two nattering old women, who, it appears, are discussing bike colours :blagblah :p

Steve T

:cool:

It's supposedly community run now, so Al Fayed doesn't own Harrods any more so no Harrods stuff for sale.

Al Fayed does a lot for the community up here, he has an estate just up the road from where I live. Though we don't see much of him.

We visited last week while up there. Yes its now community owned and run, and is a huge improvement on the old place. Cafe was very good, we had a meal and tried some of their cakes too. Staff were very friendly, one of the girls there rides an SV and got very interested in the wifes Ladystar boots. The building and walkway are the shape of a leaping Salmon, the building being the head, the walkway the body and the tail being whats in the photo in the original post. There's also an outside coffee shop and loads of places to sit. All in all well worth a visit, or setting as a destination for a rideout.
Only small neggy is I didnt see any bike parking, but it may be down the far end, we didnt go that way, just parked next to the coffee shop in a gap next to the disabled bays.

There is a dedicated bike parking area, to the left of the carpark entrance about 50m up from the disabled bays.

Back
Top Bottom