Thread: Hilltop K16

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Hilltop K16

Just got my ecu back from Hilltop and all I can say is WOW!
    It's a new bike. All power now smoothed out and Jesus knows where all that extra power was hiding. Amazing!

Is it expensive? What's happened with the fuel consumption?

That's interesting to hear. With hindsight, I've wondered what the effect would have been on my GT if I'd known about the AF XiED's that I use on my GS now. They're reckoned to make similar improvements. They're listed for the K1600 but I've never heard of anyone using them or getting a remap.
    Knowing the difference it's made to the GS, I've always wondered if it would have made the K1600 smoother and torquier.
    Does it help the gear change as well?

It cost me 300 and worth every penny. No idea about the fuel but will let you all know when I get back from Alps trip. Gear change is silky smooth on mine apart from putting it in first from neutral.

I think anyone who has 'fixed' The fueling, has found that it's at least as good as stock. Better spread of power usually means better fuel consumption through less gear changing.
    Loved my GT, except for the transmission, but too heavy for my short legs.

Is the 1600 widely acknowledged as lacking power or having poor fueling?

Like any other modern bike, including the GS, the spread of power could be better due to emission regs.
    My GS pulls strongly between 3 and 4k whereas before that's where it was harsh and flat. Now it pulls well to the red line, although that's rarely required.
    My GS is also a lot smoother now. Contrary to popular belief, a stock K1600 isn't glassy smooth. It's a 1650cc engine bolted to the frame. Remember riding a 750cc Benelli six few years ago. Now that was smooth. Smaller pistons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintessack GSr View Post
    Just got my ecu back from Hilltop and all I can say is WOW!
    It's a new bike. All power now smoothed out and Jesus knows where all that extra power was hiding. Amazing!
    Can you post a picture of your before and after graph. Would be interested to see it.

Thanks

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by topcat2006 View Post
    Can you post a picture of your before and after graph. Would be interested to see it.

Thanks

Tom
    No he cant !

If you read the OP he has just got his ECU back which, unless I am mistaken means he posted it to Geoff who mapped it without the Dyno and then posted it back
    Just a Prospect at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    No he cant !

If you read the OP he has just got his ECU back which, unless I am mistaken means he posted it to Geoff who mapped it without the Dyno and then posted it back
    And that'll be why I asked the OP the question - I didn't want to be mistaken....

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    No he cant !

The OP's relying on his own seat'o'the pants dyno reading, coupled to the absolute certainty - that having spent £300 - his 160 bhp (in stock form) steed is now well and truly awesome. The pub bar and pie charts will be expanded accordingly.

PS It doesn't help though if you have short legs.

Group discount dates:
    26th Aug and 16th Sep.
    £300.
    PM me to enquire or book.
    John S

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Is the 1600 widely acknowledged as lacking power or having poor fueling?
    Is it always about the amount of power or how it puts that power down.
    08 R1200GSA
    76 Suzuki GT750