Disappointed with my GS

Mr Bean;4804884 The bike did feel smoother and would definitely pull one gear higher at pretty much any given speed said:
If standard your RT would make early 80s bhp RWP not the 110 crank figure BMW quote.

There is no way the bike had 20% more power and torque.

Again, the post remap numbers make it more powerful than any LC (pre remap numbers quoted here) I've ridden - not a hope.

I won't be remapping this one.

Love all this talk about X and Y increases in bhp figures after remapping whether it be on bikes or cars.

Having family and friends who are closely involved in the car tuning world and having driven a number of vehicles that have been remapped the bhp figures have bugger all to do with better driveability and road behaviour, it is all down to the skill of the person who rewrites the map and the increase in torque figures that matter.

Time and time again they are approached by people who want as much power as possible and despite efforts to persuade them otherwise they get what they want and are happy for a couple of weeks with their car that lights up the tyres at the slightest provocation ,however, after a few weeks most are back to have a more sensible map loaded on the car that increases the torque rather than bhp and transforms the vehicles real world driveablility.

A 10% increase in overall torque in the mid range will be far more noticeable than 10% increase in top end bhp.

If after being remapped your bike feels better on the road is more rideable that matters more than a printout telling people that you have the most powerful LC in the country and haven't asted your £xxx

Got to be a weak initial dyno run- there is no way an LC would give 97hp- I just cant see it- thats less than an air cooled.

A bit of kiddery going on here. Got my Zx10 mapped with PC and second module. Fair enough it increased peak power from 175 to 184- and that was with a full system-but it was about having a flat torque/ power curve to make it easier to ride. I can see the benefits no doubt but 20 hp?- Someones having a laugh- all the way to the bank?

Not slagging off any tuners but I have seen on Dyno days when cars remapped by a certain company (company A) which had links to the dyno company always produced higher power and torque figures than any of the other vehicles that had been mapped by other companies.

Yet on the road they did not perform that well and when the vehicles were tested on a dyno from a totally independant company the ones that previously showed much better figures (company A) all performed less well than the other vehicles .

Go figure !

Hilltop offer money back and reversion to OEM setup. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect yours. What I can tell you from personal experience is that I had a great experience, so did my mate. I've enabled 50 other people to get a group discount by co-ordinating the dates. The only feedback I've had has been positive and there are dozens of other positive comments from forum members.
Why not try it yourself as there is a money back and free reversion if not satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hilltop offer money back and reversion to OEM setup. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect yours. What I can tell you from personal experience is that I had a great experience, so did my mate. I've enabled 50 other people to get a group discount by co-ordinating the dates. The only feedback I've had has been positive and there are dozens of other positive comments from forum members.
Why not try it yourself as there is a money back and free reversion if not satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last thing I will be doing to my GS is tuning it. For what it is, it simply does not need it. Even if I thought it would give me an extra 10hp ( a big ask ) I dont think I`d bother. My bike is lovely and smooth right through the rev range. I`ll spend my money on tyres and fuel.

Got a track bike I`ve spent enough on and another road bike that would murder the GS on power.

50 people on here that have took their service- not bad business that!

And yet you keep returning to this thread? Perhaps it's time to let go?

Thanks for sorting the discount session John. I'm looking forward to taking my GS.

I thought this was a forum? Best of luck with your remap.

this makes me laugh, I had a triple black that had been hilltopped and after doing a deal with another forum member with a Crosstourer the GS felt as flat as a pancake it was only when on a ride out I swapped bikes with a mate on another GS i really noticed that my bike was a whole lot more responsive, Hilltop are a very well respected and the talk of inflated figures dont seem to be in keeping with what they do
if I take my bike and get a dyno sheet saying its whatever BHP its made why would I doubt it if the bike feels better, its correctly stated in this thread its not overall BHP that counts its driveability if it feels better and goes faster hey presto
Ive done the max power thing and it dont always work !!

Rob

Does anyone bother telling their insurance once they've been to Hilltop? I'm guessing it's not something anyone would really find out about?

The only way you will settle this Remap vs Non-Remap power debate is at Santa Pod raceway.

Other bikers there will wet themselves laughing and I'd bet there would be less than half a second between the two bikes.

I'd be truly amazed if these two well ridden bikes would lose each other on the road.

It honestly doesn't matter unless you want the 'feeling' of being faster.

As the OP of this post (and sometimes I wish I hadn't started it) , I can only say how the bike felt after being Hilltopped , it was smoother, with crisper acceleration and easier to ride IMO.
That said should the bike have been like this out of the box ,the answer is yes, it should have been but it wasn't ,hence the visit to Hilltop.!
So its off to Spain on 25th for 10 day trip around the Picos and surrounding area (with 3 other like minded fools) ,hopefully bike & rider will have a good time.
Cheers
Livo.

The only way you will settle this Remap vs Non-Remap power debate is at Santa Pod raceway.

Other bikers there will wet themselves laughing and I'd bet there would be less than half a second between the two bikes.

I'd be truly amazed if these two well ridden bikes would lose each other on the road.

It honestly doesn't matter unless you want the 'feeling' of being faster.

Maybe ....
The guys who spent their money with Geoff all seem to rave and enthuse about the bikes afterwards.
I guess the alternative would be where they say ..."I've just wasted nearly £400 ... Brings to mind the saying ; " a fool and his money are soon parted ".....

For me , if it wasnt so far away I'd be trying it.

Oh, are you staying up in Fife permanently now? 'cos Geoff's isn't too far from your old gaff, a nice little ride there and back in a day.

How's the new job going, pharmacist is such a big change from airline pilot? I admire your courage to change career at your stage of life :clap

Andres

Having raced both bikes and cars. Remapping is about getting the best out of the engine, standard maps are normally very lean and are a one size fits all. Having something remapped gives a map to suit your own bike. It should improve the ride ability and fueling out. You will probably make more power, but it won't be significant, for that you would need to change bits, such as exhaust, air filter etc.

Oh, are you staying up in Fife permanently now? 'cos Geoff's isn't too far from your old gaff, a nice little ride there and back in a day.

How's the new job going, pharmacist is such a big change from airline pilot? I admire your courage to change career at your stage of life :clap

Andres

:jes :jes

Maybe ....
The guys who spent their money with Geoff all seem to rave and enthuse about the bikes afterwards.
I guess the alternative would be where they say ..."I've just wasted nearly £400 ... Brings to mind the saying ; " a fool and his money are soon parted ".....

Placebo effect??

Back
Top Bottom