Alloy Wheel touch up paint for MY 2016 R1200GS

littleade

Elderly twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anybody know what the paint code is for the standard WC GS alloy rims as I've got a couple of chips on mine that I'd like to touch up.

I've tried the dealer and they recon BMW don't do one?

Cheers

I had the same dilemma. I went to our local Autopaint supplier with my wheel and the helpful chap went through the BMW paint chips until we found a paint with a good match. The paint code which I used was BMW 203 -2 Licthsilber Met.

The paint was supplied in a 100ml tin with a bit of lacquer added to the basecoat. The problem I found is that if you apply the paint with a touch up brush, the fine metal flakes are not evenly distributed if you see what I mean. The finished job would be better applied with an airbrush I think, but the small chips on mine are hard to spot from a distance.

The paint on the GS wheels and frame don't seem to have their own paint code but logically you would think that it would be one of the colours BMW have used in their past history.

I had the same dilemma. I went to our local Autopaint supplier with my wheel and the helpful chap went through the BMW paint chips until we found a paint with a good match. The paint code which I used was BMW 203 -2 Licthsilber Met.

The paint was supplied in a 100ml tin with a bit of lacquer added to the basecoat. The problem I found is that if you apply the paint with a touch up brush, the fine metal flakes are not evenly distributed if you see what I mean. The finished job would be better applied with an airbrush I think, but the small chips on mine are hard to spot from a distance.

The paint on the GS wheels and frame don't seem to have their own paint code but logically you would think that it would be one of the colours BMW have used in their past history.

Thanks for your help, that's just the ticket :beerjug:

I've had a reply from BMW customer services who said....

"I’ve got an answer for your question about your alloy, the colour code is M963 Granite Grey Metallic Matt"

So I've ordered some off fleebay :beerjug:

"I’ve got an answer for your question about your alloy, the colour code is M963 Granite Grey Metallic Matt"

I know it's a while later, but did his paint code match up with your 2016 GS alloy wheels.

I'm just about to start some minor paint corrections on my 2016 GS Alloy winter wheels.

I sourced a touch-up pot from a NI based fleaBay seller. A good match for both cylinder covers and wheels.

Described as "BMW GRANIT GREY MET MATT PAINT CODE: 963 TOUCH UP MOTORCYCLE BIKE".

I sourced a touch-up pot from a NI based fleaBay seller. A good match for both cylinder covers and wheels.

Described as "BMW GRANIT GREY MET MATT PAINT CODE: 963 TOUCH UP MOTORCYCLE BIKE".

Great, thats what I've ordered. 25ml for £5

Back
Top Bottom