Handlebar risers for '09 XCountry with ABS?

Hildasay

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I would like to fit some handlebar risers to my '09 XCountry with ABS. Has anyone done this and what risers did they use? The Touratech ones seem to be specifically only for bikes without ABS (I'm not sure why, possibly to do with cable length?). Not sure about Rox - I've found no mention of limitations to do with ABS on their website.

Any info will be much appreciated!

Thanks, Birgit

You can either get the collar type risers, or something similar to the Rox style as you suggest.

Some cheaper alternatives that I have used on my xc (though it doesn't have ABS). Wiring length may be the issue, though the rox style ones allow you to rotate the bars towards or away a little so that may help. Cheap enough to try at the price though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/28MM-Bar-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I have used the imitation Rox risers on a couple of bikes. Although cheap, they are well made and perform well. But although I have an Xcountry, I can't tell you what they are like on the bike as I have no need of risers on that machine. On other bikes, the brake and or clutch cables have sometimes need re-routing a bit but I have not needed longer cables. If you do this, just be aware of the potential for cable wear on sharpish edges when turning the bars lock to lock.

Back
Top Bottom