Thread: Velocette Valiant

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Velocette Valiant

Here is my little Valiant. Like a tiny side valve BMW.
    Perfect for aimless exploration of my local backroads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris R

Chris, a friend of mine had one in the early sixties and as I recall it had an overhead valve air cooled engine.
    It broke down one night in Basingstoke. His dad, a very accomplished mechanic, drove from Watford, dismantled the bike into liftable lumps and loaded into the boot of a 375 Ford Consul and drove him home. I clearly remember seeing the engine completely stripped a couple of days later in his shed.

Yes that's correct. This one has a Mk 3 LE top end on at the moment. I have the original top ends too.
    Much more reliable in this configuration.
    I also have a fifties LE with a hand gear change.
    Great little bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris R

That looks little gem, I particularly like the radiator overflow bottle.

Steve

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Indeed ... lovely little 'bike. Original was 200cc overhead valve engine. My pal had one when I was running my BSA B31 350cc. Used to ride the side valve LE water-cooled version as a works 'bike

JWR 13C outside my police house C1967 (mit dawg)

Edit .... my pals Valiant had reg no 1 ADT or ADT 1 later to one seen on Doncaster's Mayoral car!
    Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton