Luggage for R9T

Saw this on Facebook which may be of interest to some of you .

9a2fe3c2909fa8b47db733182a5b269c.jpeg
3128aa4a96703c8ad34332503f18825c.jpeg
eb615b73a92568f4cb28abb51923417b.jpg
d0c68608000ff8eb1c9e84d23dd33dd9.jpg

Just fitted one of these racks to my scrambler.
It was able to be fitted with the side bag in situ as well
Fitting a top box to use for work so should make it more usable
Day to day

Just about to pull the trigger on one of these from Moorespeed.... rizoma do one as well, but it has a grab handle like an 1150 GS - the unit one is flat so better for me... Going to have to suck up the £211...

Fitted morespeed but at £200+++
Like others have said best available at the moment.. hurts like f***
It fits over/alongside the Motech panniers but you need slightly longer bolts.. approx 40mm required

Phil/Robbo

Can you take a photo of how the rack and SW motech rail fit together. Does the seat still clear the shared back mounting bolt?

Already got the SW Motech side bag but tempted by the rack if you can fit both together.

Will have a trip out to Winding Roads later in the week http://www.windingroads.co.uk/shop/product.php/1526/r-nine-t-rear-lugagge-rack ;)

Yes they fit together, can't take Piccy at the moment as I'm away, a little bit of force is required (nothing too hard) I fitted mine in a car park in Spain & used the original bolts, it does work but really need 2x 10mm longer bolts

Just fitted one of these racks to my scrambler.
It was able to be fitted with the side bag in situ as well
Fitting a top box to use for work so should make it more usable
Day to day

Can you fit a topbox onto this rack? Not many options available as far as I can see. From what I understand the Hepco rack can't be fitted with side panniers whereas with Unit Garage you could have both at the same time. I like the UGS but the lack of practicality puts me off a bit, makes a great second bike though if I could have more than one!

Does it fit that rack/ come with fixing plate ? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just comes with a flat alloy plate but you can get a different version of the same rack with a mounting for the Hepco & Becker topbox

I had a spare Zega Pro and bought a secondhand rack and modified it to fit

Quite pleased with the results and it's a big 38 litre box. With an Ortleib roll top bag on the rear of the seat in front I'd have more than enough space for my camping gear etc.

FP.

Back
Top Bottom