Shipping a bike to Greece

Northern jock

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I quite fancy riding my xt600 around the greek islands - but i dont have the time to ride it all the way there.
Is there a fairly cheap way to ship it to Greece? Or even to Italy and get the ferry across tho the ferry looks pricey.

Cheers

If you find a relatively cheap way to do it let me know :D
I've just booked a return Venice trip to Igoumenitsa ( September ) which will give us 12 days down yonder to explore a bit of Greece and Albania / Macedonia. Not cheap but it's also a bit of a treat for Maureen after getting a relative all clear from the medics..albeit one more scan in early August.
Find someone who could courier your bike down to Venice and then follow with a budget airline, don't book a berth and just use deck space to sleep..along with all the teenage German backpackers..in fact, that's not such a bad idea now that I've had time to think :blast

Said it before on the forum : someone up here must know a friendly TIR operator who would take a bike on a pallet on the back of a lorry?

Said it before on the forum : someone up here must know a friendly TIR operator who would take a bike on a pallet on the back of a lorry?

That's the best way. The OP needs to contact some local freight forwarders who should be able to help ship the bike as part of a groupage load. He will need to palletise and box it though.

Try Grampian International up in Aberdeen as they go all over the place.

I've just booked a return Venice trip to Igoumenitsa ( September ) which will give us 12 days down yonder to explore a bit of Greece and Albania / Macedonia. Not cheap but it's also a bit of a treat for Maureen after getting a relative all clear from the medics..albeit one more scan in early August.
Find someone who could courier your bike down to Venice and then follow with a budget airline, don't book a berth and just use deck space to sleep..along with all the teenage German backpackers..in fact, that's not such a bad idea now that I've had time to think :blast

Fingers crossed, hope she gets good news. Trip sounds good but a bit far on an XT without unlimited time! I'll check with operators/freight forwarders and see what I can find.

Thanks

I contacted Eurobiketrans to remind myself what they charged
UK to Italy (Prato near Florence) £395 one way or £595 return which seems reasonable to me
Maybe not this year but expands the options for, say, 2 weeks in Greece
You could also travel in that area then get a ferry from Civitavechia near Rome to Barcelona and come back that way. I used that ferry a year ago, took about 24 hours and cost me 95 euros for me, bike and cabin to myself
Must do a ride report sometime

What about borders? Can I pass out of Greece with a bike during the "covid19 season"?

I contacted Eurobiketrans to remind myself what they charged
UK to Italy (Prato near Florence) £395 one way or £595 return which seems reasonable to me
Maybe not this year but expands the options for, say, 2 weeks in Greece
You could also travel in that area then get a ferry from Civitavechia near Rome to Barcelona and come back that way. I used that ferry a year ago, took about 24 hours and cost me 95 euros for me, bike and cabin to myself
Must do a ride report sometime

Yes please sounds good

I would say you are well on the right track organising shipping , Tis a fair haul , I went down to the Peloponese isles a couple of years back with a wee group , it’s a fair slog U.K. to well down Italy for ferry
Ancona to Patras , n back From Igouminitsa .

Have a look at the Bari to Igoumenitsa service. very good and not expensive.

Uk to Bulgaria £300 my bike is going home this weekend, fully insured and tracked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uk to Bulgaria £300 my bike is going home this weekend, fully insured and tracked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds a good deal do you mind me asking who that’s with and where from and too? Thinking of going down to Bulgaria next year.

I use a guy called Nigel Barthorpe you can find him on fb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I quite fancy riding my xt600 around the greek islands - but i dont have the time to ride it all the way there.
Is there a fairly cheap way to ship it to Greece? Or even to Italy and get the ferry across tho the ferry looks pricey.

Cheers

You two sleeping on a boat deck with a load of young German backpackers???????????????????????????????

I don't even want to conjure up the image!

(Room for a third?)

Back
Top Bottom