Thread: Bike cover - for hot climates

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Bike cover - for hot climates

Hi all,

Just brought my 1150GSA down to my new job in Barcelona - working week on/week off at th'airport. Am gonna be leaving my bike outside my office while I'm back in the uk for a week at a time, so want a cover that will keep prying eyes out and UV fading down. Not too bothered about rain protection as we don't get much (well, not at the moment anyway!)

Have seen the wunderlich covers on nippy normans but the outdoor one seems like overkill... should I go for the indoor one of will it not last long if used outside?

Have a top box and panniers on so will need to be a good size.

Cheers!

Hugh Janus Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Catpain, I'd suggest a reflective or silver style cover like this one.

The Oxford style ones have black panels in them which may absorb the heat.

Back in the day, when I served queen and country we used silver covers to put over the canopies of planes to sreduce UV.

Also do you have to pack the cover up and put it on your bike or can you leave it at work when you are not needing it ?

Cant you park it in the shade, then it wouldn't matter what colour the cover was?

Unfortunately not Nick

That looks just the ticket Wobble - many thanks! (can leave the cover at work but a bit of a faff having to take it through security and back each time... so would be handy if packable)