Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Montana 600 and GBDiscoverer map

  1. #1
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    up north
    Posts
    610

    Montana 600 and GBDiscoverer map

    I moved the GBdiscoverer files to a folder on my Mac so that the tile limit wasn't broached when I installed a load of OSM files for my recent Euro trip. I assumed that when I got back it would simply be case of removing the card with the OSM files on and moving back the GBdiscoverer files. Oh no it isn't.

    Any ideas?

    With my Montana attached to the Mac Discoverer is visible on Basecamp. So its there and in Basecamp Maps menu it says its unlocked.

    Garmin Mapinstaller says it cant find any unlocked maps on my device.

    Yet when I switch on the Montana it says "cant unlock maps"

    Garmin Express says there is no purchased content on the device. (GBDiscoverer was purchased as a download when Igot the device back in 2012).

    and YES the files are in the Garmin folder.

    The mapping files I moved are a large file called Discoverer 50000 v2.img. And what I assume are the linked licence and unlock files as they are timed and dated the same: D241020A.GMA and D241020A.UNL. These files are now dated 22 May 2017 which would be when I moved them. Not sure if the files get re-dated each time they are accessed or that my MAC re-dated them when I dropped them in the folder.

    I have sent a service request to Garmin but it will be a day or two at least before they reply. Help here appreciated.

  2. #2
    North Wales TRF Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cheshire, England.
    Posts
    7,160
    Is the GB map going in to the Garmin directory on your device's memory or the device's micro-sd card?

  3. #3
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    up north
    Posts
    610
    Sorted I renamed the .unl and the .gma files to be the same as the .img file and it all seems to be OK now. I am sure I haven't renamed the files at any other time though.

  4. #4
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    derby england
    Posts
    1,843
    I think that Macs renames files it does not recognise to .txt or similar, this may have been your problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"