Ladies bike

Wonkey donkey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
All,

Friends wife wants to get back into riding but dropped her last bike a few years ago as she was on tippy toes. Looking for bike recommendations but taking into account below

Not a naked bike wants some weather protection/ fairing
No Harley's or similar
Not sportsbike
750cc or less
Newish model
Low so she can get more in touch with planet earth, she is 5ft 3in ( don't know leg length and rude to ask)

Any suggestions what we could consider?

Mrs TC currently has a Yamaha XJ6 Diversion. She tried a Bonneville - loved it for keeping feet flat but found it too heavy. She also had an FZ6 but found it slightly too tall.

I briefly had an F800ST and it was quite low and you can have a lower seat too. Nice and light to ride and handle, park etc.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I briefly had an F800ST and it was quite low and you can have a lower seat too. Nice and light to ride and handle, park etc.

I was thinking along similar lines but the F800 R :thumb

There us a cheap low mirage ER6 for sale on here right now ....

I had the F800gt, why didn't I think of that :blast

I was thinking along similar lines but the F800 R :thumb

There us a cheap low mirage ER6 for sale on here right now ....

ER6 is a good shout - nice engine, not too tall and good value.

My wife is 5 foot 2 (just) and has a lowered VFR400 and can get both feet flat on the floor, I am 6 foot 3 and it is seriously up to my knees - it seriously is so much fun to ride as its like a mini moto - Its the only bike I can get my knees down on lol

Its no use for your wife as they have not been made for years but it shows where there is a will there is a way

Or this ?

4619e9844bae3ae477ef68c98d784a6f.jpg

If she's simply looking to get back into bikes and gain a bit of confidence riding only for fun rather than commuting then why not ask her what the bike was that first made her want a bike and look for one of those?

Ok, it probably won't be fairly new, it might not have much in the way of weather protection but nobody rides bikes in the rain for fun anyway so why worry about it if you're not planning on commuting or using it for big holidays? My wife went through a spell where her confidence was shot and she was going to give up bikes so we found her a bike she actually enjoyed riding again and all of a sudden her confidence returned and she then bought something that needed a bit more input.

Does she want a fairing, or a decent screen?
A lowered F700GS is great and can really build confidence.
Or for a more faired option, how about a Kawasaki Ninja 650 touring - very easy for the dealer to lower.

My chick is pretty stumpy & gets on fine with her Triumph Steet twin & a pair of Daytona Lady Star boots which have a 25mm lift in the heel. Seat height is pretty low & the bike isn't too wide so all of her available leg length is going down.

Got a friend at work who had the street triple 675 with a lowered seat. She’s 5 ft 4 and loves the bike. Has a bit of nose fairing and the 675 engine is smooth and tractable. She’s no tearabout, but says she finds it light, good controls and easy to live with.

Another option might be the SV650 - benign engine with enough pep and a decent chassis. Can’t vouch for seat height though - friend who had it is about 5ft 7. She’s now graduated to a gixer 750.

Back
Top Bottom