R80G/S R80ST front wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooter paul

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Are the front wheels from the G/S and ST interchangeable? I want to fit a 21" front wheel to my ST. The hubs look the same. I realise the fork rake will alter but I have a spare longer G/S rear shock to balance it. I'm also aware that finding a good G/S wheel is not going to be easy just to save any replies stating the same!
Paul.

Looking at rainbows BMW parts fiche the G/S and ST hubs have the same part number.......so if you cant get an OEM G/S wheel you could always have the ST one built up to 21".

However, prepare to be flamed for the sacrilige of "G/S-ing" the much rarer ST.......

Looking at rainbows BMW parts fiche the G/S and ST hubs have the same part number.......so if you cant get an OEM G/S wheel you could always have the ST one built up to 21".

However, prepare to be flamed for the sacrilige of "G/S-ing" the much rarer ST.......

Thanks for the reply. My ST is well G/Sed already. Having said that it's all reversible that's why I want a 'spare 21" wheel.

They are the same hub and yer can also fit double discs ter front end if your fork stanchion has the required fixing holes
HTHY

I've swapped mine between 19" and 21" using the same spindle etc in both G/S and ST forks. My plan is to run a relatively sticky tyre on the 19" front when I get a spare rear, so I can have the TKC80s for road 'n trail and the 'road' wheels for road or track.

The swap between ST and G/S forks changes more; spindle, spacers, calliper.

I've swapped mine between 19" and 21" using the same spindle etc in both G/S and ST forks. My plan is to run a relatively sticky tyre on the 19" front when I get a spare rear, so I can have the TKC80s for road 'n trail and the 'road' wheels for road or track.

Thanks for this. So the spacer and the calliper are different?

Errrr..... you track your G/S? Do you like being lapped ? :D

Check out www_boxer-gummikuh_de on fleabay ... He has GS front wheels quite often

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom