painting inside of topbox lid..

Another alternative is to simply fasten an emergency triangle to the inside of the lid

And something to keep the lid open when it's windy. And a cover for the now open box when it's raining. Or maybe you could just take the triangle and put it up the road a bit where it will be an advanced warning and do most good?

The hazard warning lights ought to have the 'on scene' bit covered but, hey, every little helps so I'm not knocking the initiative. :)

I was gonna say, is it rain/condensation resistant :)

The paint, being gloss, is impervious to rain.
The reflective strips are also weather-proof.

I guess that you will have to choose whether the most aggravation will be caused by getting the contents of the topbox wet or being rear-ended at speed by a driver who didn't see the bike as you struggled to fix the puncture at the roadside on an unlit road as he was peering through his rain-soaked windceen........

Tough choice, that.

As for the suggestion of attaching a warning triangle to the inside of the lid - it won't fit as it is much too large and will take up space un-necessarily when not needed.

Why not carry a foldable triangle and place it 100 yards up the road. With luck the driver will hear it crunch under his wheel above his Hi-Fi radio and stop or swerve in time. The GS/A has loads of space under the top rack for such things.

Back
Top Bottom