Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Insurance options after Adelaide?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hard to get Principal to call back.
    Their excess was higher.
    Didn't recognise the insurance company they were putting me with.
    Would have liked to support them but Carole Nash was approx €15 cheaper and includes European breakdown cover so I went with them.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusMC View Post
    I've often wondered what they'd say if, when they ask what's the lowest quote I've had, I said "I'm not telling you - this is your one opportunity to get my business: beat my current best (undisclosed) quote and you get my money."

Of them all, it seems CN are the worst pricks for arm-chancing with their first quote. The CN guy I spoke with was sound enough, but my understanding (open to correction?) is that the sales guys make a commission on premiums, so the nonsense first quotes are possibly down to the individual sales guy you get on the phone? If so, CN's phone sales guys need a beating - they're seriously fucking up the biking community's impression of CN...
    When CN asked me what they had to beat I told them that the information they were requesting was confidential and I couldn't disclose it for data protection purposes as I didn't have Principals permission. JJH

Quote Originally Posted by younger06 View Post
    This race to the bottom with the premiums is a dangerous business. We can rest assured that these low prices won't remain constant. The last thing we want,as previous stated, is someone to reign supreme and end with a monopoly (anyone remember Norwich Union)
    I don't agree that the prices are low. JJH

Quote Originally Posted by JJH View Post
    I don't agree that the prices are low. JJH
    I used the break down cover on my insurance earlier this year. A recovery truck picked myself and my bike up in Carrick-on-Suir and brought us back to Naas...... on a Sunday.

My premium is €238............how much cheaper can it really get while still providing the service I want??

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Yes but if you were in the AA how much would the subscription be? Although you payed 238 to the insurance co. that was broken down into separate policy's. You probably have legal coverage too. The wholesale cost of your breakdown cover was probably €30. Look at all the 1000s of €30 that are payed in without any payout. I've never heard of anyone claiming legal assistance. JJH

Quote Originally Posted by JJH View Post
    Yes but if you were in the AA how much would the subscription be? Although you payed 238 to the insurance co. that was broken down into separate policy's. You probably have legal coverage too. The wholesale cost of your breakdown cover was probably €30. Look at all the 1000s of €30 that are payed in without any payout. I've never heard of anyone claiming legal assistance. JJH
    How much would you be happy to pay for fully comp insurance on your pride & joy ?? (genuine question)

I'm very unhappy with the cost of my car insurance but I'm honestly happy with the bike policy.

I'm happy with mine 304 fully comp. obviously I'd like it cheaper but I wouldn't be one for moving for a €10. JJH

Nice but unfortunate husband.
    Got my renewal quote this week for the fully comp policy on my lebbenfiddy, £89.45. It has gone up this year.

There are two opinions of the GS. There are those who have ridden one who think its fantastic and there are those who haven't who know its crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan1150 View Post
    Got my renewal quote this week for the fully comp policy on my lebbenfiddy, £89.45. It has gone up this year.

Now that's a quote! Jeaney mac!

Ok..... I've changed my mind.

I'm pissed off now!

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Nice but unfortunate husband.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusMC View Post
    Now that's a quote! Jeaney mac!
    In fairness though, I'm getting old.

But then again, you're ugly............................................

There are two opinions of the GS. There are those who have ridden one who think its fantastic and there are those who haven't who know its crap.

In fairness though, I'm getting old.

But then again, you're ugly............................................

And old...

Got my renewal from principal gone down by €40 from last year to €277 fully comp this year
    Happy days

Was with CN for many years....Their 2017 quote left me laughing (2014 RT), Moved to Principal for €249 (Underwriter Tanzer)...

Went to do a Temp insurance transfer to a 171 GS as mine was in for Service and Tanzer have since changed their underwriting Policy, Will not insure bikes over 13K.... WTF

M

Lads, I'm in a situation where I am actually claiming on my motorcycle insurance policy (first time in 25 years) We sometimes get caught up in how much the "cert" is going to cost for the year but there is a lot more to it.
    I really wished I had stayed with AXA and not got hung up on the newer lower premiums. Before you part with your money, make sure you ask all the questions that might have a bearing should you have to actually claim from these overseas underwriters.

Sat for 20 mins yesterday on my mobile to a UK number in a queue, to get the ball rolling on my claim......gave up. Today I actually drove into the brokers and got them to get me the UK underwriters on the phone so I could give details of the incident, which happened on Saturday morning.

If I was with AXA , it could all be sorted face to face with someone.

At one stage, I was put on hold so the young claims handler could set up a conference call with the DVLA to varify my driving license, after me questioning this and telling him I'm Irish and calling from Ireland...........I'll never get that 5 mins back.

Be careful what you wish for!!!!!

This race to the bottom is exactly that..........a race to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by younger06 View Post
    Lads, I'm in a situation where I am actually claiming on my motorcycle insurance policy (first time in 25 years) We sometimes get caught up in how much the "cert" is going to cost for the year but there is a lot more to it.
    I really wished I had stayed with AXA and not got hung up on the newer lower premiums. Before you part with your money, make sure you ask all the questions that might have a bearing should you have to actually claim from these overseas underwriters.

Sat for 20 mins yesterday on my mobile to a UK number in a queue, to get the ball rolling on my claim......gave up. Today I actually drove into the brokers and got them to get me the UK underwriters on the phone so I could give details of the incident, which happened on Saturday morning.

If I was with AXA , it could all be sorted face to face with someone.

At one stage, I was put on hold so the young claims handler could set up a conference call with the DVLA to varify my driving license, after me questioning this and telling him I'm Irish and calling from Ireland...........I'll never get that 5 mins back.

Be careful what you wish for!!!!!

This race to the bottom is exactly that..........a race to the bottom.

Surprise of all surprises.......this seems to moving along nicely. Had the value agreed today, which I'm happy with. Just waiting on the cheque now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast