Insurance options after Adelaide?

Gerry47

Reaction score
Hi
I am (was) an Adelaide customer for years. As you probably know Adelaide have closed and just got a quotation from Carole Nash as they passed on my details. The quote is a lot higher and just wondering if you can recommend any other insurers? I'm living in Dublin.

Thanks for your help.

Gerry

It is Cornmarket I'm with, I think Adelaide became Cornmarket and now they are leaving the Irish market, they were underwritten by RSA here. I would have always recommended them as well!!

So just looking for other alternatives.

Thanks

Eh! What! I am insured with Adelaide/Cornmarket - is it just Ireland they are pulling out of?

It's just in the South
Here is the first paragraph of their letter:
"Following a strategic review, the underwriter of Cornmarket Insurance Services’ motorcycle insurance scheme has decided to withdraw from the motorcycle insurance market in the Republic of Ireland. As a consequence, from 1st July 2017, Cornmarket Insurance Services will no longer be in a position to offer new motorcycle insurance policies in the Republic of Ireland."

From what I gather RSA was their underwriter.

They sent the details of their customers to Carole Nash but the quote from Carole Nash was much higher than what I paid Cornmarket last year.

I wonder what sort of deal they have with the underwriter(s) that they aren't offering a different underwriter who will cover ROI??

Carole Nash are a bunch of thieving chimps.

Al

Gerry I'm with
Principle have been for the past 2 renewals. I've found them great to deal with and this years renewal was the same as last year. 292 yo yos fully comp 2 bikes
Cheers
Dub 24

Contacts within the business tell me that Principal are the best (THIS year :rolleyes: ).

Principle

Carole Nash quoted me near 900 on renewal. when pushed they came down to about 600.

Principle for under 300

No-Brainer.

I'm with Principle as well. A small operation from Santry (near Morton Stadium) but they are doing the business. I suggest they are buying business at the moment to get customers. But lets see how they get on in the longer term.

principle are working very hard on the bike scene at the moment
they have a stall at most bike rallys and shows,

Principal have hired some staff that at least know about Bikes. Some of whom have previous experience as employees of the other insewerance companies. ;)

Thanks lads, I'm really glad I asked.

Carole Nash have quoted me €935 for two bikes, my old GSA and then I made the mistake of going into Duffy's and found out what PCP means!! I'll give Principle a shout.

Really appreciate the advice.

Gerry

i used to be with IAM surety these are based in Ireland not sure if it was Belfast or Dublin your best bet is meerkat site

I checked out IAM and they are Cornmarket!

Also contacted Principal and they'll get back to me with a quote in the morning, seems like I'm a good elderly risk :rob

I went with principal this year. zero hassle / bullshit.

Insurance

Axa quote = €475 having been covered by AXA for 8 years. Were willing to drop €20.00 when I said no.
Principal = €279
Comprehensive on 3 bikes R1200R, R1200s and R1150gs

After 13 years (unlucky for them :D) with CN I've switched to Principle who were almost exactly half the price of CN

Back
Top Bottom