Test ride of Z1000SX

Lovely SX H2 for sale in the For Sale Section :) Excellent price too!

The H2 is fuckin awesome; but it's a very serious piece of kit; a level and some above the ZZR; the SX is slightly different in it's approach.

And i forgot to ask

What tyres are they on the Kwak ?

Pirelli angel gt per chance ?

I have them on the KTM and i am not liking them as much as road tec metzlers and i cant wait to wear the angels out and replace them ( I am too tight to just replace them) there is nowt wrong with them that i can put my finger on but, and its probably in my head, they dont feel as secure as the road tec

I am just about to put my 3 tyre on the rear; 3'800mls:blast fer fuck sake. Dont run em down to the canvas these days; but they realy do feel shit with a couple of mill on them . I've been using the standard s20 Bridgstones they came with; but i put a Bt 31 sports tourer on the front about 600mls ago; and a 31 is going on the back to match them up. The bike weights around 230 kg so it's heavy enough to get the best out of S tourers; and mullers hypersport jobbies:D. There's not much out there now that will let you down on grip it's all on how they feel.:beerjug:

I had a test ride on a new SX a few weeks ago and could not get on with the small delay of the engine when changing gear. It was as if the fuel was cut off when the throttle was closed and then opening it again would see a "micro delay" in the power coming back on.

Nobody ever seems to mention this so maybe it was the demo bike at fault.:nenau

I had a test ride on a new SX a few weeks ago and could not get on with the small delay of the engine when changing gear. It was as if the fuel was cut off when the throttle was closed and then opening it again would see a "micro delay" in the power coming back on.

Could well be just the demo bike warloard; mines seemles; smooth ; and progressive; hope you mentioned it to the dealer when you handed it back. On my test rides; i tried a Versy; an RS 900; ( which was the bike i originaly put a D on ); and the SX; none had fueling issues.

An apology is due; called you warloard in my post,; glimpsed your Avatar and had a brain fart; yet again:blast ; sorry Mrtee43.:beerjug:

Never experienced that on mine with or without using the clutch.

After reading about the water leak on MCN's Long term Versey; and the eye watering £750 to replace because þhat kind of damage is'nt covered by the warranty i decided to fitted a rad cover today; it was a bit of fanying around; but it looks like a factory job; just how i like my mods to look. Good value for £60.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190616-152417.jpg
    Screenshot_20190616-152417.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 432
  • Screenshot_20190616-152350.jpg
    Screenshot_20190616-152350.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 427
Fancy fitting one to my SX as well but removing the fairing ( left side only, I believe ) can wait until I need another job doing. Fitted a fender extender for now :)

I almost put it off myself; but having read about stone damage; and my sons mate having a stone through his month old GSXR 1000; rad; i bit the bullet and fitted one. You will find it alot easier removing both sides of the fairing kenny, leaves more wriggle room.:beerjug:

Liking the looks of the Z1000SX. I might chop in my Tmax against one next year, having just convinced the wife that they aren't a sports bike (no more of my hooligan riding traits allowed, allegedly).

Tour, scratch and commute all in one bike, whats not to like ?

Liking the looks of the Z1000SX. I might chop in my Tmax against one next year, having just convinced the wife that they aren't a sports bike (no more of my hooligan riding traits allowed, allegedly).

Tour, scratch and commute all in one bike, whats not to like ?

Definitely recommend that you take one out for a test ride, I think you will like it.

BMW gone and picked this up at weekend

Forgotten how nice an in line 4 is to ride, this thing just pulls from everywhere and silky smooth, even the quickshift

Attachments

• IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_0525.jpg
    IMG_0525.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 571
Into the 3rd year of ownership with mine, since I replaced the tyres with some decent rubber it has transformed the bike.

I had been looking at these for a couple of years now, the z1000 is now called the Ninja1000 and as well as cruise control it has gearshift, which is really smooth above 3 or so thousand revs, I got the tourer package which also comes with a touring screen, heated grips, set up for sat nav and a few other bits

It's a fantastic bike, lovely to ride and I find it just as comfortable as my adventure that i've just sold

I'm tempted, but if would be a big step to part with my '17 GS-LC !

I changed from a 2019 GSA Rallye, your'e right it was a big decision cos I loved that bike, just wanted something a bit sportier, the Ninjas definetely that but very comfortable too, you need to book a test ride, the only real compromise for me is the chain drive and fuel capacity but they're worth it I think

I bought one in March this year, did have 3 Euro trips lined up, about 8,500 miles in total until Covid put the kybosh on all of them

a>

I got the performance tourer version with the hard cases and Akrapovic silencer etc, all the bells and whistles that come with both packs all the extras you can spec basically and then I extended the warranty to 4 years ( £150 extra, no brainier! ) not that I’m expecting any problems with it mind and the whole lot in total on the road price.....just over £13k ! Stellar value

I bought it cos I had no intention of doing 3 Euro tours on my little Panigale.....
a>

did Germany about 4 years ago in a 34c heatwave and it virtually roasted my arse off,...truly painful !
And looking at this heatmap image you can see why...

a>

Basically your riding a Molotov Cocktail!!

Anyhow, Back to the the Ninja..

At first I was looking at bikes a bit sportier than the Ninja to do these trips on, had test rides on KTM 1290 GT and Aprilia V4 1100 Tuono, but what changed my my mind was the Garmin route for the first Euro trip came through from my mate, first day and last day....370 miles!!
Not one day was less than 270 miles, so I decided that the bike I needed had to be a lot more comfortable to tour on.

I saw a few early YouTube reviews from the launch of the Ninja and just went to a dealer and ordered one without even a test ride, an unusually rash decision from me!
I was working on the basis that if I didn’t like it, having ridden twins for about the last 9 years I might not get on with it, I would be able to sell it on second hand without too much trouble, but do you know what?......it’s bloody brilliant!!

I’ve done 6,000 miles on it now and it’s a really slick, smooth, grunty, fast mile muncher, it’s just so effortlessly easy to live with, 300 mile days in comfort,..no problem.
Easy 170 miles before reserve light comes on, quickshifter up and down, cruise control, heated grips ( not quite hot enough! ) adjustable bigger tinted touring screen, fantastic TFT dash, but the best thing.....the way it handles, flippin brilliant on its Bridgestone S22s!
Totally didn’t expect it to handle as well as it does for its size, the down side of this is that it ate the rear Bridgestone in about 2,200 miles, and 600 of those were steady running in miles!
I think the combination of torque and low gearing did for the tyre, you can pootle through a 30 limit in 5th gear and then just squirt another couple of thousand revs on and into 6th at about 40 mph and woosh! It just flys from there on without flogging it.

Pretty quick as well when you want it, gets to 60 mph quicker than a 1290 SDR and absolutely destroys it in top gear roll ons according to the latest long term SDR review in Bike mag.
Only thing it lacks is a centre stand to make oiling the chain easier when your on tour, no biggie to me that, it does everything else so well I can forgive it that.
The suspension is really plush yet still well controlled, I give it about 6 turns of Rear preload on the remote Adjuster to compensate for the full cases and it’s good to go.
Very rarely these days that something exceeds your expectations, but this Kawasaki has, totally took me by surprise how good it is, in fact my 3 bike garage could soon be reduced to just this one.

Good walkaround here if anyone’s interested,...excuse the Americanish

https://youtu.be/Bn-BdnqLP1Q

Poucher

Back
Top Bottom