THINKING OF TRAVELLING ABROAD WITHOUT INSURANCE?

2002 French Alps, wife trips over out walkin at nearly 2000 metres. Helicopter to hospital, both bones at ankle pinned and plated, four nights in hospital, taxi from Bourg St Maurice to Geneva, four seats on a BA scheduled flight to Heathrow, taxi from Heathrow to Suffolk. The insurance sorted everything. When I got the bill for the helicopter (1800 euros) I just sent it to them, never heard any more.

I came home on the bike, kids had been looking after the wife in the meantime.

Tom

Uncle Albert (one of the orignal old time UKGSers) did just that when he took his aunt to France for her 90th birthday.
She fell and broke her hip as she crossed the road after getting out of his van.
Trip to a french hospital, they wanted to admit her and operate.
She was having none of it, so with the agreement of the hospital they dosed her up on all sorts of painkillers and stuck her in the back of Peters (uncle albert) plumbing van.

He drove back to Orpington hospital, drove up to the A&E doors, had all the jobs worth's run out threatening him with all sorts and calling him an idiot for parking in the emergency bay and then he played his trump card, opened the back doors of his van and produced his aunty all strapped onto a stretcher :D

That's priceless steppers; you've made my day with that one. The old uns new what it was all about.:D:D:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom