Does / can BaseCamp create .gpx files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EKIMYRF

And on with the show
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As a complete numpty using basecamp do you use it to create gpx files as I have been using Furkot to good effect or does it do more Garmin specific tasks ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, BaseCamp can create .gpx files.

It will also do other things and / or (probably) integrate routes into your Garmin GPS device better, too.

The default is for it to create .gpx files (and as far as I know it won't create a file suitable for a Tomtom)

As a complete numpty using basecamp do you use it to create gpx files as I have been using Furkot to good effect or does it do more Garmin specific tasks ?

It sure can create gpx files: highlight your list item with the routes etc (LH panel), then File, Export. In the Save dialogue you have a choice of several different formats, including .gpx and Garmin's own .gdb format. You don't have to export routes in this way, as you can use Basecamp to transfer routes directly to your satnav ('Send To'). I generally use the file export method, and save the routes into a folder on the SD card in the satnav. It suits my way of using the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom