Thread: TomTom Bandit

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Thumbs down TomTom Bandit

Anyone got a TomTom Bandit?

I bought one a week ago and am having nothing but problems.

Where do I start.

1. Remote works when it feels like it, no way of knowing if it had or hadn't until I get back from a ride and found I'd recorded bugger all.

2. The camera itself doesn't like any SD cards I use. I get either "check SD card" error or "insert SD card" error despite me having inserted the card several times.

3. The iPhone app is nigh on useless. Sometimes works, sometimes freezes up or won't connect.

4. The computer editing software won't install on my Laptop. So again useless.

All in all I did manage to get one video of my front room but put the camera on anything moving, my GS, my mountain bike, the dog, next door's cat, whatever, resulted in an error message.

The TomTom forum has quite a lot of posts with similar problems.

All the problems could stem from a bad SD card or poor buffer speed.

I'm awaiting a new SD card, when this arrives I'll give it another go, if this fails then it's going back.

A shame because if it worked it would have been just what I wanted. The main reason I bought the camera was for the ease of editing in the app. I've not even got that far yet!!!
    Out on the floor - K.T.F.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I think it's only fair to follow up on my original post.
    The new card has arrived and it works in the camera. No crashes or SD card error.
    I'll keep the camera but the 1st instance of a card error and I'll revert back to Drift.
    Out on the floor - K.T.F.