Tkc80 or similiar tyre sale and fitting in Northern Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deptford Dean

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all.
I'm off to Norway on Saturday via Germany and want to replace my tkc80 en route. Both will need replacing in about 1000 miles . Could get them done in uk but thought I'd use the mileage still left in them. .
I like to get my monies worth 😊
Can anyone recommend a motorbike tyre fitting service in Northern Germany.
Thanks

Northern Germany is a very big place.

It would help greatly if you could trouble yourself long enough to narrow it down a bit.

PS It's a fairly safe bet you'll find a BMW dealership somewhere along the road.

PPS It might be a good idea to contact whatever shop you intend to visit:

A. To ensure they are open on the day / at the time that suit you best

B. That they have the tyres in stock. The Germans are hot on TuV approval, you see.

Northern Germany is a very big place.

It would help greatly if you could trouble yourself long enough to narrow it down a bit.

PS It's a fairly safe bet you'll find a BMW dealership somewhere along the road.

PPS It might be a good idea to contact whatever shop you intend to visit:

A. To ensure they are open on the day / at the time that suit you best

B. That they have the tyres in stock. The Germans are hot on TuV approval, you see.
Thanks for replying. I'm heading north via Munster, Bremen, Hamburg then route 7 to Denmark.

BMW Motorrad have:

A place (maybe two) in Munster

A place in Bremen

A place (maybe two) in Hamburg

I am sure a local German biker will be able to tell you which one is best or, if it's anything like this place, will spit on the ground and tell you zat zey ist alst ripperoffen merchanz who vill steal from von wallet, ja!

And then go on to tell you that they always use their mate's mate's local man, who used to be a mechanic for the works BMW GP team (they all did) but how he got disillusioned so set himself up in a rusty shed in the middle of a bog. Oddly, there will be no queue at the door when you do eventually track him down and the much talked about complementary schnapps will not appear either. He'll rip you off, too.

Enjoy your holiday.

you dont want to be replacing them in Norway, the cost will be considerable, to be honest any saving you make in the extra 1000 miles out of your current set of tyres will be lost in the extra costs involved in buying and changing tyres in Germany.

In addition, if the tyres are not TUV approved for fitment to the particular model of bike you may find some shops wont fit them, regardless of the fact that you dont need tuv as a visitor, it should make no difference but it can.

you dont want to be replacing them in Norway, the cost will be considerable, to be honest any saving you make in the extra 1000 miles out of your current set of tyres will be lost in the extra costs involved in buying and changing tyres in Germany.

In addition, if the tyres are not TUV approved for fitment to the particular model of bike you may find some shops wont fit them, regardless of the fact that you dont need tuv as a visitor, it should make no difference but it can.
I didn't know about the TUV . I'll get them replaced before I go to avoid any problems.
Thanks.

I'm expecting another post in a week or so asking where he can get new tyres fitted on the return trip because throwing away that 1,000 miles of wear means he can't get home without changing them :D

It's an Adventurous (with a capital A) challenge this European biking lark, that's for sure.

Question asked. Replies and information given. Decision reached. Problem solved. Piss taken. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom