Current Rage in France

BillN

Reaction score
Presumably it's the same in the UK - chopping up old Airheads to make these things - first time I have seen them, but I have been out of touch

About Euro 12,000 ......... Euros 14,000 for the best ... then Euros 20,000 for unique

what do you think - had a guy interested in doing the same with my immaculate original R80 mono

(I once wrapped my MGB's manifold like that but it never went any faster!!)

They do have an appeal

Rat_1.jpg

Rat_2.jpg

Rat_3.jpg

Rat_4.jpg

Rat_5.jpg

Rat_6.jpg

This is what a friend of mine was doing some (at least) 10 years ago

(I'm sure he won't mind me posting his image - I do not think he is a member on here)

Andrew.jpg

A couple more Euros 14,000 each

Rat_8.jpg

This I quite like
Rat_9.jpg

@ BiIIN

Check the prices on leboncoin.com

Pretty much anything pre 1990 is going for stupid money at the moment

That's were the images came from - I live in France

I have a /7 in bits and a few other pre 1990 .... considering that there is no MOT in France they can probably get away with most things as long as they have an "ownership" document

@ BiIIN

Check the prices on leboncoin.com

Pretty much anything pre 1990 is going for stupid money at the moment

They are asking stupid money but I doubt much of it sells for the asking price. I've got a few bikes on Leboncoin (not BMWs) at the moment and it's proving a nightmare trying to fend off all the wheeler dealers.

They are asking stupid money but I doubt much of it sells for the asking price. I've got a few bikes on Leboncoin (not BMWs) at the moment and it's proving a nightmare trying to fend off all the wheeler dealers.

I have lots of stuff which would suit these guys - and by the way I prefer some of the above to the modern 1200cc BMW "Scramblers" - I would love to have a go on one as in the past I have taken my R80 "off road" and it was not that bad ........ in fact it was OK even compared with the GS Basic that I had

to tell you the truth the prices for the modern BMW are really high and can only depreciate - down on the Med coast or even the Atlantic coast in summer, which would you prefer - the last image above would suit me

Some of these custom jobs look great, but I do wish the folk who build these things would stick to using/abusing current models, rather than classic airheads.

The R9T lends itself perfectly IMHO.

Some of these custom jobs look great, but I do wish the folk who build these things would stick to using/abusing current models, rather than classic airheads.

The R9T lends itself perfectly IMHO.

Here you are Euros 25k - at least with a modern "back end" - I do fancy one of these

Rat_10.jpg

Check this out BillN
It's my old r80/7 which I sold to my sons buddy's Brendan and Grant
http://derestricted.com/photography/s4pmc1
They are mtb downhill racer and extreme sport photographer/journalist respectively
Neither had any mechanical skills except for mtb previously, I think they did rather well
Brendan has it road legal at the mo and takes it to World Cup downhill events

P.S. Isold it to them for £800 what I paid. Don't think they spent much more than that again but don't know !! Hipsters spend far more than they are worth

This is what a friend of mine was doing some (at least) 10 years ago

(I'm sure he won't mind me posting his image - I do not think he is a member on here)

Andrew.jpg

I would have this in a heartbeat over ANY of those other ones posted here. And any other hipster ruined (sorry "customised") airhead either.

People have been customizing them over here for a long time too I'd say at least 7 or 8 years. Prices have been slowly rising . Lots of ridiculous prices thrown around for bikes that have just the mudguards taken off and given a brown seat :rolleyes:

Blimey - my bike must be worth £20K - it's not for sale :D

Back
Top Bottom