136.2 KB · Views: 781
  • IMG-20170731-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20170731-WA0000.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 787
  • 20170723_174205.jpg
    20170723_174205.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 804
Just a few piccies from trip 2... :)

That last photo is just great, and shows that weird light bouncing off stuff. :beerjug:

Brilliant videos there Rupert. Thanks for creating and sharing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just a pity those you rode with weren't.

Shit. Okay. I definitely had a few low moments, and I think it would have been dishonest if I'd left those thoughts out of the video diary bit, but having said that I feel I should defend Mark and Tim (the organisers/ride leaders) - probably from myself, it seems. I really did enjoy the trip, and they do an amazing job of putting it together and making it work. I'd go with them again without hesitation. The problem of people riding at a different pace is a very difficult one. No one wins. If you keep the group together by going at the pace of the slowest, the faster riders get bored and frustrated. The solution is to match the pace of the riders to the trip, but that's not possible on the scale that Mark and Tim are doing things.

If I did things again, I'd join the second trip (there were more big adventure bikes, and I believe the pace was slower), but I'm happy I was on the first. I found more speed in the last couple of days and we stayed together more (they might have slowed down a bit ,too). My riding definitely improved, though, which is always good.

Shit. Okay. I definitely had a few low moments, and I think it would have been dishonest if I'd left those thoughts out of the video diary bit, but having said that I feel I should defend Mark and Tim (the organisers/ride leaders) - probably from myself, it seems. I really did enjoy the trip, and they do an amazing job of putting it together and making it work. I'd go with them again without hesitation. The problem of people riding at a different pace is a very difficult one. No one wins. If you keep the group together by going at the pace of the slowest, the faster riders get bored and frustrated. The solution is to match the pace of the riders to the trip, but that's not possible on the scale that Mark and Tim are doing things.

If I did things again, I'd join the second trip (there were more big adventure bikes, and I believe the pace was slower), but I'm happy I was on the first. I found more speed in the last couple of days and we stayed together more (they might have slowed down a bit ,too). My riding definitely improved, though, which is always good.

You were just a bit unfortunate in being on trip 1 -

You would DEFINITELY not have been the slowest on Trip 2, as that honor will always rest with me :thumby:I had all the same feelings you have on last years trip about holding everyone up, but came back this year and probably rode even slower.

Doesn't seem to bother Mark or Tim too much that people ride at their own pace, as long as they eventually turn up in one piece, with a big, beaming smile having enjoyed the ride:bounce1

You should never ride faster than you feel comfortable with. Always important to ride at your own pace Rupert.

Well, I am always very well looked after in Iceland , I ride at my own pace, I catch up when I need to and wait for others when I need to, but above all I have a cracking time xxxx

Back
Top Bottom