Off for a walk

Northern jock

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Fancy a bit of hill time so train at 0627 tomorrow to Dalwhinnie then walk to Ben Alder cottage then Staoineag - two cracking bothies - then to Fort William, bus to Inverness and train home. And maybe a pint in Fort Bill and one in Inverness. About 50 miles.

I've got a wee tent with me as well, just in case I see the perfect spot - or the bothies are full of fukwits.

End of the week I might get a train to Blair Atholl and walk back from there, two good routes - the Minigaig or Glen Tilt and Glen Feshie.

Surrounded by great countryside, shame not to use it and this part time working arrangement is suiting me :thumb2

Sounds great Alastair, the midge are at full strength at the moment and will chew your face off..bothy sounds good, enjoy indeed :thumb2

Might pass you somewhere...off for my running-in trip tomorrow. Certainly Lecht, Tomintoul, Granton....its whether to carry on to Shin & return or west to Ft W, Glencoe etc etc...depends on the clouds I suppose.

Sounds like a great plan. My wife and I go to Blair Atholl every year and we use it as a base to get out walking, and we have had some fantastic walks from there, Glen Tilt is one of my favourites, the scenery is awesome. Hope you have a great time

Lucky you.

I'm heading to Guildford.

Guildford is a shit hole.

Not quite as bad as Croydon, but a shithole nonetheless

OK so did both...

Up the glen,(1000 hrs) Braemar, Crathie, Gairnshiel, Lecht, Granton, Nairn, Kessock, Struie road, Bonar Bridge Falls of Shin. Lunch there...grub v good and good value....waitresses first class.

Back towards Invershin then along Strath Oykel heading west. Ledmore junction then down to Ullapool. Straight back to kessock and down to Pitlochry and across to home in time for The Archers. 360 miles....mission nearly accomplished!

Four or five hefty showers and down to 10 degrees once, but mostly above 14 ish. Lucky to be able to do a run like that from home.

I'm sure Guildford is lovely.

Actually....thats very insincere of me....I really don't give a monkeys...

I thought you'd walked it lol,

I was going to say that some achievment

:)

I went to Croydon once. I prefer a highland bothy.

Yer hame!

Can I call off the sea kings?

Some coorse showers on the go Monday! Even yesterday 8 degs when I left for first service, but stayed dry long enough to come home the pretty way...Loch Lomondside, Crianlarich, Lix Toll, Loch Earn, Comrie etc....rained within minutes of getting back!

Yer hame!

Can I call off the sea kings?

Some coorse showers on the go Monday! Even yesterday 8 degs when I left for first service, but stayed dry long enough to come home the pretty way...Loch Lomondside, Crianlarich, Lix Toll, Loch Earn, Comrie etc....rained within minutes of getting back!

Aye, the sea kings can stand easy! Monday had some good showers but mixed generally - better than hot and sunny for going a few miles.

You were lucky to stay dry yesterday - today would have been fine (up here anyway). Now looking at what to do for the weekend - it's either round the north on the bike for a couple of days or back into the hills

If you end up in Moray on the bike feel free to drop in. I have a leaking final drive to repair tomorrow but I do have Jaffa Cakes and some nice coffee beans ready to grind :D

There are a group of 9 from the Moray Coast MCC heading round the NC500 this weekend so you might bump into them along the way if you do go, I now prefer going clockwise and turning south at Tongue to avoid all the snail trails :rolleyes:

If you end up in Moray on the bike feel free to drop in. I have a leaking final drive to repair tomorrow but I do have Jaffa Cakes and some nice coffee beans ready to grind :D

There are a group of 9 from the Moray Coast MCC heading round the NC500 this weekend so you might bump into them along the way if you do go, I now prefer going clockwise and turning south at Tongue to avoid all the snail trails :rolleyes:

Cheers :thumb2

Leaking final drive that's just been rebuilt??

Cheers :thumb2

Leaking final drive that's just been rebuilt??

No, the final drive is about the only thing that hasn't been rebuilt :blast

Job done and a new rear brake disc fitted as well...need a wee run now to make sure all is well :D

Nice on the west coast today - but if you look to the left, a few other folk thought so as well!

I spent about 10 minutes behind a Golf on the single track down to Torridon, parcel shelf full of stuff and obviously not a user of wing mirrors. When he did finally see me he pulled in so I pulled up beside him and suggested that he look around occasionally and pull in to let others pass. "I just saw you now".
French. But they were happy and enjoying their holiday.

Attachments

• DSC_0280.JPG
    DSC_0280.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_0281.JPG
    DSC_0281.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 83

Back
Top Bottom