Interphone F5MC keeps turning off!

Biot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My pair of F5's are 3 years old and have now started playing up. Latest software done as is my Nav5 on my GS LC. They've gone back 2 weeks ago to Interphone via shop I bought them from and come back saying no fault found!!
They turn on, pair with Nav, I play music from Nav then the F5 drops out. None of the buttons work on the F5. I continue riding for 20 minutes, hit the centre button on the F5 and it turns on, pairs and I can play music for a bit then in drops out again. Strange bit is that as soon as it drops out, I try any of the buttons on the F5 and no buttons work. Leave it for a while then I can start it again.
Anyone had this issues? Batteries charge and they tell me they're fully charged!
Ta.

Never had any issues with any of the F4 units I've had - F4, F4XT, F4MC
However, I never play music with them, just bike to bike and the occasional phone call.

Have you tried just pairing it with the phone but not playing music to eliminate any possible issues with playing music as this uses a different bluetooth profile (A2DP) ?

good luck, paul

Will try that. Rider to pillion was fine today, as was a 40 minute blat on my own listening to music. Will try and go out more this week and see if the problem manifests itself.

Well, did another's update on my Nav5 yesterday and F5MC now pairs a lot quicker with my Nav5. You no longer seem to have to follow the same routine to get the 2 devices to connect. Before yesterday you always had to turn bike on/Nav then the F5, then go through 4 button presses on the F5 to then go through several stages on Nav to get music to stream.
Now it's turn bike on, F5 on and away we go.
Have Garmin at last updated the Nav to talk properly to the F5. It certainly seems so.

Back
Top Bottom