How to miss a waypoint

Gordon Henderson

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
I have a nav v1 and am having a problem in that I set a route which it follows but if I try and miss out one of the waypoints it keeps on trying to return me to the waypoint I missed (on purpose) where I want it to forget the point I have passed and carry on the route to the next point recalculating if required
I previously had a zumo 660 and this is what it did
How can I get my new unit to forget a waypoint once you are passed it or deviated round it

Ps I am a Luddite and use Mapsource

There's a button on the right side of the screen to go to the next waypoint.

No idea if this is available on the Nav 6 but on my Zumo 390 I can set custom icons on the screen. Go to Settings>Proximity Alerts > Map & Vehicle
I have the red X to stop a route and a "skip" icon. This does exactly what you are requesting.

The "skip" icon can also be called up in the menu list when in map mode on the 390.

Several options for you, Gordon Henderson:

1. When you have routes containing waypoints, you have the option to change a waypoint into a shaping point or visa-versa. This can be done in BaseCamp, Mapsource or from within the VI device itself. You can miss shaping points with impunity but, depending on how you have 'recalculate' set and (to some degree or another) how you have your routing preferences set and indeed how you choose to effectively go off route by missing out a point, the route might alter.

2. As per previous posts, there is a button on the screen and / or an option button to push within the screens that allows you to skip the next waypoint and take you on to the next waypoint. Depending on how close you were to the waypoint you chose to skip and / or whether you were actually on your intended route, might depend on how the device routes you from the point where you told the device to skip the next waypoint and how it takes you on to the next.

3. There is an option within the screens to set the device to automatically skip a waypoint that you have chosen to miss out. Take care using this, as it can override other settings and preferences you may have made within the device, sometimes with surprising (and maybe annoying) consequences.

I'm assuming you have the thumbwheel. One of the screens has the option "Skip Waypoint" easy done with the wheel.

Thread edited to remove rants about Garmin and Nutty's holiday adventures. These now have a new home.

There's a button on the right side of the screen to go to the next waypoint.

BINGO! Thanks Nutty.:thumb

I had completely forgotten you could set up one of the on screen buttons to do it. :clap

BINGO! Thanks Nutty.:thumb

I had completely forgotten you could set up one of the on screen buttons to do it. :clap

Yes but in my experience, the Nav then crashes and resets itself (with rider intervention) just after you skip the waypoint. By which time you've missed the next turning and its taking you through a swamp/quarry/farm track/ to try to get back on track.

Back
Top Bottom