Thread: Apple's

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Apple's

I keep being badgered by her indoors to get an I pad pro like hers, I like desk tops and a "real"keyboard (no HP's!!), whilst on a cruise earlier in the year we had a series of talks on I pad's all
    seemed very good but they all do with an expert doing it. So whats the opinion of the team apart from the morgage required to buy one!.
    Old GSer's never die, they just fall off more often!.

So many cats, so few recipies!!.

They have limitations, but are great at what they do,

The Apple keyboard for the 12.9" iPad is actually great for touch-typing too.

Love mine

Al
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

iPads are cool but ultimately a compromise. OK for surfing but even trying to post on this forum with a bit of cut and paste is frustrating.

Go Mac Air or MacBook Pro.

Macbook/Air if you want full on versions of software.

Ipadpro if you're happy just using apps.
    Lights, camera, traction

Double the price for half the hardware.

I like mine but my next gadget will be a MS surface pro.

My wife use's a iPad Pro and I use a MacBook Pro. Depends on your needs, for my wife she loves the apple pen. I just like the benefits of the full OS and keyboard. When I go away I take my iPad 2.

The suggestion of a small MacBook with its full OS and key board would be my choice. They are a nice bit of kit but not cheap.

If you are prepared to go to Microsoft there are some highly rated options ( as Auwyn mentioned ) What ever you get spec it up a bit to give it a decent life.

yep plus 2 for the air or macbook

I ditched my PC, printer and scanner several years ago. My IT world operates quite happily from the iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 that travel the globe with me. Courtesy or iCloud and Dropbox everything is available everywhere

If anything needs printing I email it to my nearby KarbonKopy shop for collection and on the very very rare occasion I need a PC there is always the grandson or an Internet cafe

Life is simple and mobile

Oh yes, I also ditched Garmin/Mapsource for OSM based Pocket Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Kritou View Post
    I ditched my PC, printer and scanner several years ago. My IT world operates quite happily from the iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 that travel the globe with me. Courtesy or iCloud and Dropbox everything is available everywhere
    Same here, but with the addition of a Bluetooth keyboard. I might upgrade to an iPad with a larger screen at some point.

Most of my stuff is now handled via smartphone and a Samsung S2 pad and both run with 256gb micro SD cards!
    Daughter uses latest iPad Pro and Granddaughter's use latest iPads. Fuck knows why, the iOS pads are so blood clunky and basic though! Apple con job
    Farting around with iTunes and gettingt the kids RM maths app to run is just a nightmare on iPad shite.
    As for safety of Apple, son in-law and others have been hacked at their local gym when using their iPads
    Android all the we here, no issues, easier to use, faster in multi app and tab use and fully customizable to my or your needs!
    Haven't typed anything for about 7 years on Android as there's been a range of Swype keyboard choices, so no need for a Bluetooth keyboard.
    Currently find Google keyboard is most accurate Swype system and "OK Google" rocks

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Watch out for the b'stards they're out to get you

Macbook Air. Superb piece of kit and the one bit of Apple technology I wouldn't be without.

Lets get rid of the apple haters and move to reality. Apple is expensive but builds a good product, everything works together, so easy solution. Had a MacBook Air for nearly 6 years, still going strong. iPad and iPad Mini, plus iPhones all work together, not like the windows crap I have to put with at work.

Casbar sums it up well.

The key thing is; both the hardware and the software are made by one company.
    They just work.

Ignore some of the "pc" fans. They simply dont know what they are talking about.

I've been apple since the IIe . I despise all the virus/hassles you get with Microsoft shit.

Dave , I neglected to say ..... there will be a bit of a learning curve.
    If you buy your macbook from Costco, and really dont "gel " with it , you can return it within the first 90 days.

Quote Originally Posted by casbar View Post
    Lets get rid of the apple haters and move to reality. Apple is expensive but builds a good product, everything works together, so easy solution. Had a MacBook Air for nearly 6 years, still going strong. iPad and iPad Mini, plus iPhones all work together, not like the windows crap I have to put with at work.
    Oh I'm not a hater. I have a Macbook pro, ipad air 2 and iphone. Probably as far from a hater as you can get without being a born again iSnore fan.
    I do think there are limitations with the ipads though and having looked at the surface pros, think that bridges many of the gaps.