Hp 2 gearserlechtor

litelfun

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hallo
Has any body ellse had this problem my bicke shows 2 end gear instead of nutral on the daschboard and so wont start any quike fixes uther than bump start I have been living with this now for to long just seems to of got wurse 😠

Hp 2 gearselector
Hello
Has anybody else had this problem my bike. It shows 2nd gear instead of neutral on the dashboard and so won't start. Any quick fixes other than bump start? I have been living with this now for too long and it just seems to have got worse.

Well, first of all, I translated your query into English. (See above)

Now that this is done, you appear to have two separate problems.

Problem 1. The switch in the clutch lever to detect that the clutch is pulled in, which then permits the bike to start in gear is faulty or disconnected or out of adjustment.

Problem 2. The gear position indicator switch in your gearbox is faulty. There are several different types, so be sure to have your VIN handy when you go to order one.

Mine went faulty last year, but it was worse than yours. I stopped for fuel, and, standing beside the bike on it's sidestand, switched on the ignition. Neutral showed, so tapped start button. Bike was actually in first, started and it took a leap across the forecourt and ended up on it's side.
Myke

I had this.

I'd been ignoring the knackered clutch switch for ages. Simple fix (adjust) and then able to start.

Gear indicator was also a simple "WD40" fix.

Okay it was a sipl fix I put a cable tie round the pin that tuches the clutch switch on the clutch lever a bit diferent to the your standard as I have twigen mine up a bit Hp sport gear !

QUOTE=Myke Rocks;4793625]Well, first of all, I translated your query into English. (See abovbit di

Now that this is done, you appear to have two separate problems.

Problem 1. The switch in the clutch lever to detect that the clutch is pulled in, which then permits the bike to start in gear is faulty or disconnected or out of adjustment.

Problem 2. The gear position indicator switch in your gearbox is faulty. There are several different types, so be sure to have your VIN handy when you go to order one.

Mine went faulty last year, but it was worse than yours. I stopped for fuel, and, standing beside the bike on it's sidestand, switched on the ignition. Neutral showed, so tapped start button. Bike was actually in first, started and it took a leap across the forecourt and ended up on it's side.
Myke[/QUOTE]

It was a simpl fix I am using hp2 sport radial cylinders on mine as I also have a 6 pot coliper on the front so a cable tie round the pin that pusches the clutch sensor in as for the gear indicator I will try some wd 40 on thoer at some stage ☺

I am suffering from the intermittent gear indicator problem.

It goes through periods of working. Normally it malfunctions on initial start up in the morning but settles after 5 or 10 mins of riding.

Recently it has started showing the gears correctly but won't show neutral.

I think it's just looking for attention!!!

Sent from a U11

Right......I'm in the wrong section but this might be pertinent.
Left my new to me 2007 GSA in for a major service a few weeks ago.
One of the things I wanted him to check was my bonkers gear position indicator.
He mentioned to me that out of all the fluids in the bike....the gearbox oil was in the worst state. He reset the potentiometer with the 911 and now all seems to be well.

It's just a theory but I'm wondering could the state of the oil in the box be causing the potentiometer to misread??

Sent from a U11

Back
Top Bottom